Michael Boo's 2008 Rule Proposal Analysis- Part III

Is anyone else appalled at Mr. Boo's "fair and balanced" take on Mr. Kviz's amplification proposal? I have never read a more partial, biased piece of journalism in my life. Isn't the point of the article to present both sides equally and objectively present the issues without any sort of hints to writer partiality?

You can read the article here.

:nervous:

Is anyone else appalled at Mr. Boo's "fair and balanced" take on Mr. Kviz's amplification proposal? I have never read a more partial, biased piece of journalism in my life. Isn't the point of the article to present both sides equally and objectively present the issues without any sort of hints to writer partiality?

No, I think it's great.

First of all, if you read at the top of the page it says it is Mike's OPINION.

Second of all, I think it is a pretty fair and balanced assessment of the proposal anyway. He says that Timothy has a point with the judging of amps, he then says that he doesn't agree that it will have a minimal effect on show design. Also, the fact that corps have already invested money into amps is a completely legitimate point to bring up.

He then closes by saying he doesn't think it's going to pass.

He is right. I'll put $300 on it not passing if you'd like to match my bet.

Is anyone else appalled at Mr. Boo's "fair and balanced" take on Mr. Kviz's amplification proposal?

When did Mr. Boo start working for Fox News?

I have never read a more partial, biased piece of journalism in my life. Isn't the point of the article to present both sides equally and objectively present the issues without any sort of hints to writer partiality?

Actually, the series of articles are a combination of reporting and review. They are not put forward as pure objective journalism.

The comparison would be a columnist for a newspaper (as opposed to a reporter). All news outlets have room for op/ed sections. I have no problem viewing Michael's work as a columnist for DCI.

OK, I didn't realize this was supposed to be an op-ed piece. I'm not used to seeing those on DCI.org. Mods, you can close this topic now. :nervous:

Not before I get my two cents in, Tim Kviz's proposal IS confusing this wont even make it past the instructors caucus. so there!

stop being shallow and support electronics :nervous:

Edited by CoreyD

It's not a bad thing to read the whole page on DCI.org before tossing up new topics. Just a thought.