Those of us that don't like the new rules

Ah, this is not productive. DCI put out a great product last year. Bar none! Just cause a few Corps need more stuff to stay competitive, let them. No big deal. It will all work out in the end,always has.

JASON

Very true. this activity has always been about more than instruments, toys, and politics. It is about many things..a good example of which could be the your relationship to your Scout brothers.

I am happy to see that some "old schoolers" can see this!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you do that? I would much rather see a junior corps show with woodwinds and electronics than a DCA show without them...

I mean, for real, the performance level is just so much higher....I don't really quite understand.

To each his own, I suppose.

My initial response to this post was not PC so it has been changed. But really, who are you that someone would care weather you would come to a DCA show

Edited by Fastone

Ah, this is not productive. DCI put out a great product last year. Bar none! Just cause a few Corps need more stuff to stay competitive, let them. No big deal. It will all work out in the end,always has.

JASON

I agree with you that last year's product, overall, was fantastic top-to-bottom.

On the other hand, if you seriously think that The Cadets (or any other corps) "need more stuff" to be competitive, you are sadly mistaken.

The Cadets have been competitive for what...ever since the formation of DCI? Before that? The competitiveness of the corps has to do with the work ethic of the kids, so don't insult the kids who sweat their ##### off to make some ridiculous point about being anti-electronics/narration/clowns/whatever.

For those of us that don't like the new rules (myself being included), there is another way for our voice to start being heard. If you are like myself and are not planning on attending anymore DCI shows there is something you can do. When you get the postcard in the mail from a corps show asking you to purchase tickets, rather than just throwing it away, simply (and politely) write them a response back that you are no longer going to attend shows becuase you no longer find the activity entertaining or whatever your reason might be. Next summer when all the corps are begging for gas money, simply write them a letter stating that you are not going to donate because they could have saved money by not buying all the new electronics equipment.

Then lets all show up at DCA finals and get a larger crowd there than in Indy.

I, for one, will be doing as you say above. The recent rule chages have driven the nail in the coffin

as far as DCI is concerned. I shall not attend any DCI shows and will continue to get my drum corps

"fix" at the DCA finals each labor Day. One weekend of quality drump corps is better than several

"hard to recognize as drum corps" DCI shows....

Paul

St. Joe's snare '54-'59

Here, here. Like I've said before, DCI is DCI. BOA is BOA. I enjoy both for what they are and would like to keep it that way.

And when DCI decides to do something else, do they all of a sudden stop being DCI?