Hopkins, hash marks and pushback

George H's passion for the YEA! mission and its effects on the young people involved is what pushes him to argue for his so-called agenda. He feels that the changes are what is needed to keep the activity going.

Love him or hate him, that is is why he does what he does.

But is he really interested in keeping the activity going? He's adding rule changes that he believes will keep DCI as an organization going, and his corps as an organization going. But if the DCI, and thus its members, morph into something that it didn't used to be, is it REALLY keeping the activity going?

Plus, all the corps that have folded over the years, they certainly aren't keeping the activity going if they're not on the field. Yes, corps have been folding before the major rule changes began in the current decade, but certainly none of those changes have helped to sustain or build corps either!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...said the president of the "Hoppy Patrol". :ph34r:

Your undying vocal support of George and his motives is more annoying than the complaining of George on DCP, no offense to you personally.

I agree with much of the OP, especially that "Hashgate" had nothing to do with the hashes.

LOL! No offense? Wow, you really need to work on your communication skills.

I challenge you to find posts where I defend Hopkins' motives. Go ahead. I dare you, in fact. I know you will find very little in the way of me actually defending Hopkins. I am usually in defense of the corps members, but rarely Hopkins himself. We disagree much more than most of you think.

. . .and let me add that if I am the pres. of the "patrol", don't you think I would know who my members were? :tongue:

Edited by TXMystreaux

LOL! No offense? Wow, you really need to work on your communication skills.

I challenge you to find posts where I defend Hopkins' motives. Go ahead. I dare you, in fact. I know you will find very little in the way of me actually defending Hopkins. I am usually in defense of the corps members, but rarely Hopkins himself. We disagree much more than most of you think.

Wow. :ph34r: It doesn't take much to ruffle your feathers. :tongue:

Wow. :ph34r: It doesn't take much to ruffle your feathers. :tongue:

Feathers still intact. . .just calling you on your statements, and waiting for you to back them up. From what you posted earlier, it should be pretty simple for you to find some posts where I support Hopkins' visions.

Feathers still intact. . .just calling you on your statements, and waiting for you to back them up. From what you posted earlier, it should be pretty simple for you to find some posts where I support Hopkins' visions.

And so serious, too. :ph34r:

Lordy, if I didn't know better I'd say you were riding the crimson wave. :tongue:

No.

Just curious...if we could hop in the old way back machine and go back to, let's say, 1998...before all these "radical" rule changes were enacted (beginning with the switch to multi-key brass)...and we could make sure those changes never take place, things remain as they were, and then we come back to 2008, what do you think the state of DCI would be right now? More corps? Less corps? Attendance? Participation? Finances? Etc. It's all speculative, of course, and I'm not sure how even I would answer that question, but I'm still curious...

And so serious, too. :ph34r:

Lordy, if I didn't know better I'd say you were riding the crimson wave. :tongue:

As in angry? Sorry to disappoint you, but not at all. I find it kind of funny actually that you can't back up your statements and, at least in this case, are full of it. :ph34r:

As in angry? Sorry to disappoint you, but not at all. I find it kind of funny actually that you can't back up your statements and, at least in this case, are full of it. :ph34r:

And a "last word hog" to boot. I'll wager you cannot let this be the final message in our little "discussion". You will have to respond to this.

It's just eating inside you right now. I can feel it. :tongue:

In any case, this will be my final contribution to our off-topic fun. Thanks for playing! :ph34r:

Just curious...if we could hop in the old way back machine and go back to, let's say, 1998...before all these "radical" rule changes were enacted (beginning with the switch to multi-key brass)...and we could make sure those changes never take place, things remain as they were, and then we come back to 2008, what do you think the state of DCI would be right now? More corps? Less corps? Attendance? Participation? Finances? Etc. It's all speculative, of course, and I'm not sure how even I would answer that question, but I'm still curious...

I'm curious as well, too bad we'll never have an answer, unless if things come full circle and holding to the philosophy of change for the sake of change forces you to change yet again, this time to the "way it was". Good Lord that's alot of change!