Colorguard in the spot light

Guard Diva

found THIS while searing for a piece of music ont eh winter olympics and wondered if anyone rememerbed this.........how cool would it have been to hav ebeen in THIS colorguard.....does anyone know of anyone who was in it? How these perofrmers were selected, etc? Any history?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

found THIS while searing for a piece of music ont eh winter olympics and wondered if anyone rememerbed this.........how cool would it have been to hav ebeen in THIS colorguard.....does anyone know of anyone who was in it? How these perofrmers were selected, etc? Any history?

Thanks for the cool link... I didn't get to see it at the time as I was on tour.... I don't know about those "tall flags" but there was also an all-star drum corp. A guy who marched with us the next year had been in it. He couldn't march DCI that year because of it, so, as I recall, it must have taken up a better part of the summer with rehearsals and then performance(s?). I think his (previous) corp. director recommended him. Or was it an All-Star Marching Band and his college band director recommended him? Oh how the memory gets fuzzy... that was just a few years ago. :tongue:

Hey, does anyone have the video (was there one?) of the 27th Lancers performing on the ice rink for the opening ceremonies of the 1980 Lake Placid? My high school winter guard instructor was in that guard.

Ahhh the old days....

awesome!!! Thanks Stu!

I just wish they wouldn't have called them "tall flag girls", BUT none the less... yay!!!

I hope James Logan High School gets some BIG TV time. Please God!! : )

Looks like they were spinning 6 foot poles too. How "modern"! The shape/design of the silk makes me think someone from the Santa Clara Vanguard designed it. Looks reminiscent of several of SCV's flags from the 1980's.

sorry to "shanghai" :shutup: this topic but.......

2008 summer olympics beijing china:

who knows if director of the opening and closing ceremonies and famous chinese filmaker zhan yimou [raise the red lantern] will use flags or not however with steven spielberg [empire of the sun] as artistic consultant things will no doubt be spectacular.

the theme will celebrate chinese culture and the 3 and 1/2 hr long opening celebration combined with the equally protracted closing ceremony is estimated to cost around 100 million dollars.

the centerpiece is an ultra modern,organic stadium refered to as "the bird's nest" designed by swiss architects herzog and de meuron at a cost of around 400 million dollars.it's unique appearance will figure prominently into the opening ceremony.

Edited by dugg

Since James Logan will be a part of the Olympic opening ceremonies, I'm certain that flags will be involved!

My wife was telling me that the Cadets played during the '96 opening ceremonies, but I can't find anything about it online.