Wildwood Motel Makes "Worst" List

OK.... if anyone believes the above statement about the 1960's Sunrisers, I have some oceanfront property in Montana to sell to you. :tongue:

It's all very true. In fact, after every Friday night practice in Massapequa, we'd all head to the Driftwood for pizza, song and then do a little bible study.

Edited by gsksun4

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all very true. In fact, after every Friday night practice in Massapequa, we'd all head to the Driftwood for pizza, song and then do a little bible study.

:tongue::tongue:

LOL.....

*looking around*

Where did I leave my high top boots? It's getting deep in here... :ph34r:

I actually thought he was going to say, "Head over to the Driftwood for Milk and Cookies"

LOL

I actually thought he was going to say, "Head over to the Driftwood for Milk and Cookies"

LOL

Heh. Heh. OK, so the bible thing is a stretch. The drinking age in NY back then was 18. We took full advantage. Especially up in Greenwood Lake. We had to up there, the practices were brutal. We'd raise the level of that lake a couple of inches during our stay.

I wasn't there to confirm it, but I believe the Milk & Cookies thing was the 70's???

Edited by gsksun4

Heh. Heh. OK, so the bible thing is a stretch. The drinking age in NY back then was 18. We took full advantage. Especially up in Greenwood Lake. We had to up there, the practices were brutal. We'd raise the level of that lake a couple of inches during our stay.

I wasn't there too confirm it, but I believe the Milk & Cookies thing was the 70's???

Not exactly sure, but I know it was before my time with the Sunrisers!

Hey...I was just joking around anyway.....no offense meant to anyone!

Not exactly sure, but I know it was before my time with the Sunrisers!

Hey...I was just joking around anyway.....no offense meant to anyone!

None taken, it's all good. Besides, at my age, a little trip back to the M & C's doesn't sound like such a bad idea.

Edited by gsksun4

LOL

Frank,

Do you remember the "Driftwood"? The Sunrisers did a "opening" for Nightlife Magazine there one time... (after the performance a few guys took over the pool and the pool bar)

Next time I see you remind me to tell you about the time Donna and I were looking for a hotel to stay for the night. (we were still living in Poughkeepsie at the time) I stopped at the "Hollywood and Vine" in Lindenhurst...

We had Angela with us that night too... :tongue:

(Foot note for anyone following along: Angela is my daughter, she was about 5 or 6 back then)

I wasn't there too confirm it, but I believe the Milk & Cookies thing was the 70's???

I was hearing that when Donna and I joined... Our Sun "rookie" year was 1975

Fran,

Thanks for the thread.... :tongue:

(at least we've stopped hijacking NanciD's thread for a little while...LOL)

Frank,

Do you remember the "Driftwood"? The Sunrisers did a "opening" for Nightlife Magazine there one time... (after the performance a few guys took over the pool and the pool bar)

The Driftwood we would frequent was North Massapequa/South Farmingdale border. It was a very small pizza restaurant. They'd let us take over the place and even sing. Bobby "Shoes" Files tenor drummer (RIP) used to put on quite a show.

The other patron's probably thought we were a glee club.