Interesting Comment from Hop

After reading this thread, let me get this straight...

Discrimination because of race and/or creed in Drum and Bugle Corps is bad and unacceptable.

Discrimination because of gender in Drum and Bugle Corps (i.e.: the Rosemont Cavaliers and the Madison Scouts) is okay because of "private organizations" and/or "tradition".

Am I correct? Does someone want to dispute me on this?

After reading this thread, let me get this straight...

Discrimination because of race and/or creed in Drum and Bugle Corps is bad and unacceptable.

That would be true IF it was happening. Corps are run by money and, in the majority of cases, white do have more money. I guess what we see if financial discrimination. Plus it probably gave Georgie a warm feeling inside when he made these statements yet continues to raise fees.

Discrimination because of gender in Drum and Bugle Corps (i.e.: the Rosemont Cavaliers and the Madison Scouts) is okay because of "private organizations" and/or "tradition".

Am I correct? Does someone want to dispute me on this?

Cavies and Scouts are traditions, that yes, are discriminatory. But to date not one female has gone through the trouble to sue either of them. So unless you're one to just wants to cause problems, just let it lie. It's not worth the trouble.