The ultimate drum corps practice facility

To take it a step further, play a recording of the music on the sound system and have the audience watch the lit up field. :omg:

Would that be an acoustic recording?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember practicing a few places and saying to myself: "This would be a perfect practice facility for drum corps." One of those places being Montreal Canada at the University we shared with the Crossmen. Another school had an AWESOME band room they let us use where the "shell" was just perfect... I wish I could remember where that was.

I have to agree with Bev, though, someplace where the showers never go cold and where there are several hundred outlets available... Ha! And decent places for snare drummers, and breakouts for the hornline as well, that you don't go deaf in or annoy the heck out of the other sections trying to practice. If there is too much resonance (IMO) for snare drummers, it's too hard to practice.

MARS was about the coolest place I ever saw, although basic and simple in it's set up. But I was there a long time ago visiting in the late 70's and then again in the early '80's.

In a perfect world...

The perfect corps facility should also have a large sewing/laundry area where all of the uniforms and flags could be constructed, cleaned, stored/sorted by size, and repaired. Such a room would have lots of electrical outlets, big tables, chairs, at least 3 washers and 3 dryers, and cubbyholes or shelves for the necessary laundry and sewing supplies. Nothing should have to be knocked down or moved at meal time.

Dream on!