The ultimate drum corps practice facility

I was inspired by the University of Louisville Marching Band's appearance on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition to do this thread. They got a brand new practice field with some bells and whistles, and that one trumpet player got a whole new house for his family.

If you had all the money in the world and you could build a state of the art practice facility/office for your favorite corps, what would it include?

Here's what I would have in my corps' headquarters:

Three practice fields, all made of field turf. Each one would have a gazebo-type of thing near the sideline so that members could sit in shade during water breaks. One field would be the "main field" and have bleachers so that performances and full-corps rehearsals could take place there. Also a pretty high tower or press box. One practice field would have a track for running or track basics. There would also be some shady tree areas for the drumline and hornline and pit to warm up in.

Inside, there would be a HUGE fieldhouse, big enough for 4 full-size basketball courts. Big enough for drill to be worked on in inclement weather. Yardlines will be marked on the floor.

There would be rehearsal rooms for the pit, the drumline, the hornline, and several individual practice rooms. Also a dance studio complete with mirrors and high ceilings for the guard.

There would be a cafeteria where meals could be held. Perhaps bingo could also be held there? The fieldhouse could be rented out for basketball, the outdoor fields could be rented for football and soccer.

What would YOU put in your ultimate drum corps facility?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are pictures of the best location for a rehearsal facility.

DSC00718.jpg

DSC00713.jpg

DSC00725.jpg

For those that don't recognize it, that's NYC in the background with the Empire State Building in one, and you can see a Royal Carribean cruise ship in another.

I was inspired by the University of Louisville Marching Band's appearance on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition to do this thread. They got a brand new practice field with some bells and whistles, and that one trumpet player got a whole new house for his family.

If you had all the money in the world and you could build a state of the art practice facility/office for your favorite corps, what would it include?

Three practice fields, all made of field turf. Each one would have a gazebo-type of thing near the sideline so that members could sit in shade during water breaks. One field would be the "main field" and have bleachers so that performances and full-corps rehearsals could take place there. Also a pretty high tower or press box. One practice field would have a track for running or track basics. There would also be some shady tree areas for the drumline and hornline and pit to warm up in.

Inside, there would be a HUGE fieldhouse, big enough for 4 full-size basketball courts. Big enough for drill to be worked on in inclement weather. Yardlines will be marked on the floor.

There would be rehearsal rooms for the pit, the drumline, the hornline, and several individual practice rooms. Also a dance studio complete with mirrors and high ceilings for the guard.

There would be a cafeteria where meals could be held. Perhaps bingo could also be held there? The fieldhouse could be rented out for basketball, the outdoor fields could be rented for football and soccer.

You forgot the sleeping quarters. How about some nice comfortable beds?

Everything you said was good, only I would include a dorm to house the kids during the summer, as well a rather large office space for board meetings, staff meetings, and overall show design meetings.

Also the Staff would have their own sleeping area 'dorm' style place. Oh, and that field house will be air conditioned. (not to spoil, although i can see it would be easy to.)

You forgot the sleeping quarters. How about some nice comfortable beds?

What is this mythical bed you speak of?

Who the hell needs a bed. Sleep on the #### floor like everybody else. And ditch that stupid air mattress ####.

Woops, forget to add my suggestions.

Instead of a huge gym floor, I would put an indoor astro-grass field. But here's the best part. Retractable roof.

Each section would have their own seperate sectional space.

It would have a locker room of gods. 50 working shower heads. Plenty of hot water.

Full buffet style cafateria and kitchen.

Seperate garage to store and maintain all corps vehicles.