Hawthorne Caballeros - 2008 Camp Weekend Details

Hawthorne Caballeros Camp Details – March 8th & 9th, 2008

Looking for a Tenor Player for Percussion, Tuba/Contra for Brass

Come Check us out!

The Hawthorne Caballeros will host our next Camp weekend on Saturday and Sunday, March 8th and 9th, 2008. We have a few spots open and are specifically looking for members to play Tenor in the percussion section and a tuba/contra player in the brass section. We are also looking at finalizing numbers for the field so if you are interested in marching, please come to our next camp weekend. We have such a great corps this year and we hope you take time to check us out. And we are looking for volunteers for the truck, souvenir booth and to help with meals. We have a spot for everyone.

Brass and Percussion will rehearse on Saturday, March 8th, 2008 from 9:00 am till 9:00 pm at Pequannock High School(Click for Directions) in Pequannock, NJ .

The full corps, including Color Guard will rehearse on Sunday, March 9th, 2008. The Brass and Percussion sections will rehearse from 9:00 am till 5:00 pm at Pequannock High School and the Color Guard will rehearse from 11:00 am till 5:00 pm at Washington Elementary School (click for directions) in Hawthorne, NJ.

Join us as we continue to prepare the repertoire for our 2008 program – Sketches of Spain. Members have the chance to learn and be taught by a world class staff of musicians and teachers including Dennis DeLucia as our show advisor and Dennis Argul, Gary Gill, James Riley, AJ Kise and Eric Robertshaw. You don’t want to miss this weekend – come on down!

For more information on membership, check out our website - www.cabs.org, contact Mike Ryan at cabscontra@aol.com or call Mike at (973) 709-0500 ext 1532.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just two weeks till the next camp....Making great progress.....If you are interested in performing with the Caballeros please get in touch. Tenor drummer......Contra/tuba.... cabscontra@aol.com....

Just two weeks till the next camp....Making great progress.....If you are interested in performing with the Caballeros please get in touch. Tenor drummer......Contra/tuba.... cabscontra@aol.com....

You guys used to have the best drum major! The guy that wore the shiny stuff, I don't know his name...

Hawthorne Caballeros Camp Details – March 8th & 9th, 2008

Looking for a Tenor Player for Percussion, Tuba/Contra for Brass

Come Check us out!

The Hawthorne Caballeros will host our next Camp weekend on Saturday and Sunday, March 8th and 9th, 2008. We have a few spots open and are specifically looking for members to play Tenor in the percussion section and a tuba/contra player in the brass section. We are also looking at finalizing numbers for the field so if you are interested in marching, please come to our next camp weekend. We have such a great corps this year and we hope you take time to check us out. And we are looking for volunteers for the truck, souvenir booth and to help with meals. We have a spot for everyone.

Brass and Percussion will rehearse on Saturday, March 8th, 2008 from 9:00 am till 9:00 pm at Pequannock High School(Click for Directions) in Pequannock, NJ .

The full corps, including Color Guard will rehearse on Sunday, March 9th, 2008. The Brass and Percussion sections will rehearse from 9:00 am till 5:00 pm at Pequannock High School and the Color Guard will rehearse from 11:00 am till 5:00 pm at Washington Elementary School (click for directions) in Hawthorne, NJ.

Join us as we continue to prepare the repertoire for our 2008 program – Sketches of Spain. Members have the chance to learn and be taught by a world class staff of musicians and teachers including Dennis DeLucia as our show advisor and Dennis Argul, Gary Gill, James Riley, AJ Kise and Eric Robertshaw. You don’t want to miss this weekend – come on down!

For more information on membership, check out our website - www.cabs.org, contact Mike Ryan at cabscontra@aol.com or call Mike at (973) 709-0500 ext 1532.

As a band director, I can say that the maturity of the Cabs hornline was quite impressive last season. I am anxious to see what sounds are created this year. Rock on, Hornline!

You guys used to have the best drum major! The guy that wore the shiny stuff, I don't know his name...

Jim Russo

Picture Circa 1985

l_745364e5f428f6173733a7973d07f0c4.jpg

Jim is presently the Drum Major to the Caballeros Alumni

I love the serious look on the guy's face to the picture left of Jimmy.

I can't wait to play through these charts again. Some time this month uncle sam will pay off my car with my tax refund so I'm all systems go for next camp!!!

You would be serious too if you were standing close to a guy dressed like that!!

Hey it was still cool in 85 LOL

Back on topic....

We are looking for a tuba/contra and and a tenor player for the 2008 season. We are still putting together numbers for the season so if you are interested in marching we will have a spot for you. There are also openings in our support staff. Truck, souvie table and food service. Come be a part of the Caballeros....cabscontra@aol.com