Hawthorne Caballeros - 2008 Camp Weekend Details

Just a couple of Days until camp...Hope you have your travel plans ready... If you need a ride let me know cabscontra@aol.com we will try and work out the logistics... See you soon....

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomorrow is the day folks Come on out and see the Cabs..... for directions please check out the web site at www.cabs.org. If you are interested in performing with the Cabs please get in touch. cabscontra@aol.com...If you can drive a truck or sell a t-shirt or serve a meal we need you too. Come be part of what certainly should be a fine summer of Caballero Drum Corps. See you there...

Just got home from rehearsal Roger and Laura and Alan and all I believe that Gary is happy... The corps had one heck of a weekend. Music from both the Horn Line and Percussion section is really coming along. Bodies are there.....The Caballeros are going to have a very competeitive 2008 season. Wildwood here we come LOL... Next rehearsal ( announcement to come) We will be starting the drill. Everyone is excited with the prospect of putting the music to drill. We still do, need people to fill out our line for this season. If you are interested please get in touch. cabscontra@aol.com... Looking forward to a great next season...

I just got home from rehearsal and I must say that was one of the most productive weekends I've ever been involved with in drum corps. What a great weekend, can't wait for the next one!

The hornline is in better form than I've seen it in my past 2 seasons. It's incredible, the amount of control and finesse we have, even in march.

Hey Chas...It was great to listen too... When the lights went out and the hornline played on to the Dr Beat.. It was really an very exciting moment or two or three LOL.....Super weekend... Next up.....The drill.. Interested in performing with the corps? Please get in touch.

cabscontra@aol.com.....973 709 0500 ext 1532....www.cabs.org.....

Hey Chas...It was great to listen too... When the lights went out and the hornline played on to the Dr Beat.. It was really an very exciting moment or two or three LOL.....Super weekend... Next up.....The drill.. Interested in performing with the corps? Please get in touch.

cabscontra@aol.com.....973 709 0500 ext 1532....www.cabs.org.....

I honestly thought that was a test of our memorization until I saw people scrambling for cell phones and flashlights :w00t:

The same thing happened when I marched in 2005 except it was our field lights during an evening drill rehearsal! :huh:

Chas, my 2nd baritone brother, it was great laying down some licks there in 2nd bari land with you!

Edited by CorpsBuff

In 2003 sometime in March I asked Russ Batsch if he tought our hornline was better than 95 or 96. I don't remember his exact words but I do remember the meaning, he said something like :

"I dunno man, great hornlines are born during the season, things happen and all..you got to work hard and see what happens..."

I say this because I too am impressed with what I saw and heard my first 2 camps so lets keep on with the hard work and we'll see what happens.

Interested in performing with the corps? Get in touch with Mike Ryan.

Guy

Cab Alumni, Please take care of Mark Porter who the Kingsmen Alumni Corps has sent to you on loan for this year. He has this Kasa de Kontra thing he will introduce to the corps and the Kontras will blow away the sops and the ladies of the corps will all go Kontra.

Mark, Perhaps you can get Charlie Groh to join you.