FEB. Camp MADISON style!

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I can't imagine how much brass it takes to tell a '75 alum "don't worry about it".

Looks like the amount of brass one would expect of a Scout, eh? :worthy:

what are they doing with their unis this year (update wise)

Camp as you can see was real good, even though the weather took its toll, missing about 40 for camp. Thats drums and horns, no guard yet, but one cat showed up from the guard which was cool to see. We were able to meet the show designer and understand his vision for this show he has put together for us all to enjoy. WOW! Nothing like impressing a whole bunch of people. Smiles everywhere. Steve Powers, you the man. Agian. I would tell you what we are playing if I new what it was. I am a, lets say non music major. I loved to march, I played loud. Couldnt read music if I wanted to. So take it like this, when they are ready to tell you they will, It is great though. Never heard of it before but mark my words when you find out you will remember it forever. Our new designer had class and a vision, which after this weekend we are all in this together. Cant wait to see it all. Camp went through Sun. Drums and Horns from 10 am to 1 pm if you really want to hear it, theres the times to be at camp. Lots of notes being played in that Roger Carter Drum Line. Lots of Drums and Cymbals. I think we are marching 6. It is really nice to have alot of vets this year, especially in that bad a-- drum line. Spanos out there doing some teaching was really great to see, Dan Peterson doing some basics and streatching with the kids everybody just doing, then it was done. This is the best part ,we all and I mean every person in the room were called to the middle of the gym after never walk was played to sing it together with the kids. It was special. It is our family. It was one of the coolest things I have done in Drum Corps. Oh by the way, one of our staff asked his girlfriend to marry him during this special moment, she said yes and made it even better. We cleaned the school, said our goodbyes, took this one cat from the tenor line who was cut this weekend to dinner and then to the airport. Hopefully he will do something else this year, he was real slick. 20 years old I think we hopefully can find a spot for him. How about triangle, they always get alot of t.v. time. That was it. Fantasy weekend over just like that. There was some other stuff I heard while I was wondering around, stuff I new like, Ballet in Brass, Ice Castles, Strawberry Soup, Malaguena, The way we were, with the tag ending, there was more and if you want to here it your invited to camp next month, they will gladly play it for you. They like people around.

Peace

JASON

2008MADISON SCOUTS RULE!

what are they doing with their unis this year (update wise)
I'm guessing very little. Just a guess.

Don't count on it

:worthy:

I don't know, I still think that's a bit bold to say to a guy with a ring!

Looks like the amount of brass one would expect of a Scout, eh? :worthy:

I'm guessing very little. Just a guess.

And hey, Jason...how's the color guard numbers going? Looking forward to seeing 40 strong in the guard department. That will be awesome!

In the forum it said they were shown a sketch of the new uni

it also said "LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS"

Edited by Cop

I'm gonna add on to the "don't worry about it" remark before. You'll knows stuff later this year. I pinky promise. Just have some patience.

As well with the proposal Jason mentioned, it was a complete surprise to her. Her being Rebecca Hershman(Carmen from the 2005 show) and the proposing guy being Jon Newcomb (FMM, as well as the guy you've seen on the side of our trucks for the past few years).

It was an awesome experience to see that happen.