FEB. Camp MADISON style!

Back in the day we did not have the arm chair quarterback called DCP. Ever been over analized by people who think they know everything? You people are funny, fluffy. Do I know you? I think you just called what I do fluffy.

JASON

No I wasn't calling you or what you said fluffy, Thirdcoast. I was talking about the last ten years how corps

write these big, long, fluffy show desriptions that are supposed to impress us, instead of just throwing

down and letting the music speak for itself like in the old days. What you are doing is hyping the camps which

is great.

not sure if you know me or not. Im a fan who has been around for a long time like 20 years or so. Mostly go to shows out here on the East Coast and long time ago 86 or 87 went to Dekelb for the DCM champs.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not only BS, it's just plain foolish. Why does Major League Baseball have Spring Training? Marketing. Baseball goes from April to October and they still manage to extend the season by a few extra months with the cactus and citrus leagues. Longer season = more REVENUE.

The DCI season has been cut to 6 weeks. 6 frickin' weeks!!! The off-season is all that fans have left. Being secretive does not build anticipation or interest, it kills it.

Every camp should end with a public performance and a video should be put on the website. That will generate more hits. More clicks = more advertising and more merchandising $$$$.

Or better yet, sell the video or mp3 for a few bucks. It's EASY MONEY.

Foolish, did you just call us foolish. Its all good. Sorry you cant make it to camp, really its all good. The boys are throwing down and they will impress. SPANOS is the man you need, to hear the show, or BARRERA the designer. I hope I got his name right, sorry if I did not. Mabye Jeff Manion needs an email, the prez. likes to here from people also. You know they do not frequent this site. They think it is like the us mag. of Drum Corps. You are right though, the season is way to short. Mabye we should take that up with our brother Dan Acheson. Isnt he a MADISON SCOUT ALUM.? Dont worry about the revenue( you see I put that in small letters) We have that under control. 20 bucks per 06alum. shirt we are getting, and we have alot. They are selling. easy money should be your name, I love the sell even the early crappy not even the show yet stuff, yea that will get some hits. I do agree with you about the short season, PEACE

JASON

If I remember correctly the Scouts put out a recording of the show on line (for a couple of bucks) that was recorded at the open house last year.

The open house is May 4th this year. Don't know if they will again but it would be nice for all of our brothers and fans out there.

Foolish, did you just call us foolish. Its all good. Sorry you cant make it to camp, really its all good. The boys are throwing down and they will impress. SPANOS is the man you need, to hear the show, or BARRERA the designer. I hope I got his name right, sorry if I did not. Mabye Jeff Manion needs an email, the prez. likes to here from people also. You know they do not frequent this site. They think it is like the us mag. of Drum Corps. You are right though, the season is way to short. Mabye we should take that up with our brother Dan Acheson. Isnt he a MADISON SCOUT ALUM.? Dont worry about the revenue( you see I put that in small letters) We have that under control. 20 bucks per 06alum. shirt we are getting, and we have alot. They are selling. easy money should be your name, I love the sell even the early crappy not even the show yet stuff, yea that will get some hits. I do agree with you about the short season, PEACE

JASON

No offense, man...but I highly doubt that I'm the only one who didn't understand a word of what you just said. :withstupid:

Apparently I'm not high enough for that to make sense.

(and, no...I don't nor am I implyingthat anyone else gets high)

Edited by BigBadMadMan

Foolish, did you just call us foolish.

I said the secrecy is foolish. And it is. Doesn't make a d*mn bit of sense. Did you ever see a movie trailer where they just tell you the name of the movie? Or a description of the plot? Did that build any excitement for ya? I'm guessing not. And yes, I am an alum, 78-83 and 06.

Edited by vferrera

I agree with Vince on the points he made. That was what I was alluding to in earlier posts. I don't think it's foolish per sé, but I do think it's unnecessary. I definitely think the corps could use this to their fund-raising advantage. Vince is right about the strategic release of information creating buzz. The off-season is so long that we lose the focus of the casual fan. I can only imagine how wonderful it would be to have fans salivating at the opportunity to plunk down five bucks for a camp video or mp3.

Of course, the staff can make whatever decision they want to, and I respect that...I just happen to disagree.

I said the secrecy is foolish. And it is. Doesn't make a d*mn bit of sense. Did you ever see a movie trailer where they just tell you the name of the movie? Or a description of the plot? Did that build any excitement for ya? I'm guessing not. And yes, I am an alum, 78-83 and 06.

Yo brother, why didnt you tell me before your an 06 ALUM. Ill see what I can do for all you cats out there. Lots of emotion out there about our CORPS. A money maker you all say. How about I will call Mr. SPANOS and see what I can pull off for everyone, not just you easy money. Dont want to be your buzz-kill but if they say no, we all have to deal with it. I will say I have heard all of it with the 72 horns (14 CONTRAS) and full percussion with cymbals(6) and it does not suck. You all coming to MADISON for ROCKIN-FOR-A-CURE? I think it is in April, lots of fun with all the auctions, for a great cause. You know the whole CREW is still around. Have to get them hooked up with the new cymbal line that night. What did you play SOPRANO?

PEACE

JASON

Well, that Cloverfield movie did pretty well at the box office.

And it definitely got huge hype after the first trailer came out...even though little to nothing was released as to what it actually was(besides the fact that it was probably a "giant monster" movie).

ugh... good thing all our alumni can get along
disagreeing over something means we don't get along? Have you never argued with a member of your own family? This is a discussion forum...and we're doing just that. My opinion is only my opinion and am not expecting or asking the organization to act on it.

Don't freak out man, it's all good! :

Edited by BigBadMadMan