CMM on DCP

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree because, members ARE the corps. So, if a member from a corps says something very sportsmanly, or very rude, people will associate that with the corps. A corps is made up of a bunch of members, and if they are on here being rude, it definitely sets a vibe for that corps. I laugh every time I see the "My posts do not necessarily reflect the views of my corps" in someone's signature.

Why do you think there is uniform etiquette, or rules about what you can and cannot do in your corps jacket. If you're cussing up a storm talking about corps X is just awful, and someone hears you, you just gave off a bad reputation for your corps, even if it's "not the view of the corps" It's the same here. Keep it to "You have a very nice organization." and the like. Or post anonymously.

As for me.......never marched.

A valid point that I do agree with, but as someone else said...it is the fault of others, and not me that someone takes one persons personality and assumes that what I say is what everyone in the corps will also say. That's not to say I am jerk on these forums (at least I hope not!) but I think anyone else that has marched will agreed with me when I say that a drum corps is such a cornucopia or personalities and that the "image" is something that is taught.

So I guess the conclusion I draw from this is...

Can we stop with all the negativity on these forums? Anyone in DCI knows about this place, and many FMM and even more importantly CMM read the posts here. I'm not saying that everything needs to be positive all the time, but isn't anyone else getting sick of DCP being the negative drum corps place? We're reading it folks. And none the less, drum corps keeps on going. Sure would be nice to keep going, but with more positive vibes around it from the people I would think would most understand it.

...but isn't anyone else getting sick of DCP being the negative drum corps place?

Yes!

So I guess the conclusion I draw from this is...

Can we stop with all the negativity on these forums? Anyone in DCI knows about this place, and many FMM and even more importantly CMM read the posts here. I'm not saying that everything needs to be positive all the time, but isn't anyone else getting sick of DCP being the negative drum corps place? We're reading it folks. And none the less, drum corps keeps on going. Sure would be nice to keep going, but with more positive vibes around it from the people I would think would most understand it.

It is a lot easier to make discussion about something bad and controversial rather than something good (unless its really good, then it'll get a little more discussion). Arguments are what (from what I've seen) keeps a forum thriving. It would be a lot nicer if people could always be respectful to eachother (which I have been seeing more of lately), but I think its the sad truth of forums. It's also harder to be positive when there's not too much going on in the drum corps activity as of now (obviously more than September, but still...). Many people on the forums disagree with the rule changes, and thats been the biggest thing on the forums lately other than smaller things like the countdown and all that.