Blue Stars Camp Report

Man, that trailer just reminded me how much I'm going to miss le tour de france when I'm out on tour this year... :blink:

I'm serious too.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crown does a show about a horse race.... Lets do a bike race!

Cavies do a show about a Machine..... Maybe we should do a show about a Gadget or a Device...

Seems kinda dead horse to me. I KNOW, its a different race....... Whatever.

I am sure Kevin Ford can use some of the stuff from the Tarpon Springs show about the Track Team.

It's kind of related in concept, but only in the sense that they are both about racing. As far as the music side of things go, which in my opinion is the most important part of the show, I would say the shows are going to be completely different.

In other words, I wouldn't call the Blue Stars copy cats because there show is kind of similar to Crowns 07 show.

Man, that trailer just reminded me how much I'm going to miss le tour de france when I'm out on tour this year... :blink:

I'm serious too.

Well, maybe this show won't make you miss it that much! :tongue:

Thanks Eric :blink: .

You are welcome Dave. Hopefully, it was worth the wait... and trust me, it will not look like anybody else.

You are welcome Dave. Hopefully, it was worth the wait... and trust me, it will not look like anybody else.

Unless you wanna copy the bicycle race from the Queen album Jazz. :blink:

Edited by uncle z

In other words, I wouldn't call the Blue Stars copy cats because there show is kind of similar to Crowns 07 show.

I think even more than the crown similiarites he's talking about Kevin Ford taking yet another thing from Tarpon to the DCI or WGI level.

I think even more than the crown similiarites he's talking about Kevin Ford taking yet another thing from Tarpon to the DCI or WGI level.

Hasn't Kevin Ford been marching/designing/teaching in the drum activity for over 30 years? If anything, I imagine he took his DCI experience to Tarpon Springs which helped him build that program. So, when Tarpon Springs performed the show about running a marathon in 2006, does that mean that Crown "took" (See above) that idea of a race and created Triple Crown in 2007? No, I doubt it! Sometimes, seeing an idea sparks another. Simple as that. If you want to start figuring out who has "copied" who throughout DCI's history, then get some paper and pencils handy...I prefer to look at it influencing!

Crown does a show about a horse race.... Lets do a bike race!

Cavies do a show about a Machine..... Maybe we should do a show about a Gadget or a Device...

Seems kinda dead horse to me. I KNOW, its a different race....... Whatever.

I am sure Kevin Ford can use some of the stuff from the Tarpon Springs show about the Track Team.

Sounds like sour grapes to me. Kevin Ford did great things for Boston, yes?

Edited by corpssaavy

Hasn't Kevin Ford been marching/designing/teaching in the drum activity for over 30 years? If anything, I imagine he took his DCI experience to Tarpon Springs which helped him build that program. So, when Tarpon Springs performed the show about running a marathon in 2006, does that mean that Crown "took" (See above) that idea of a race and created Triple Crown in 2007? No, I doubt it! Sometimes, seeing an idea sparks another. Simple as that. If you want to start figuring out who has "copied" who throughout DCI's history, then get some paper and pencils handy...I prefer to look at it influencing!

Ah, the Tarpon Springs track show of 2006. I remember sitting in the back stands of the first competition of the year that fall and not being able to see much of anything because of their props. The runner was pretty awesome though. I think most of us in the stands (i.e. the band I was working with and the parents) were paying attention to the runner more than the actual show.

Oh, and I agree. I don't think Ford took that idea from Tarpon and came up with Crown's show for 2007.