The "Hawaiian Shirt with the Most Character"

The Pennsylvania Drum Corps Hall of Fame will once again be sponsoring the "Hawaiian Shirt with the Most Character" award. An award winning panel of adjudicators for this prestigious prize are being assembled as this missive is being typed. All that is required of those wishing to vie for this award is to wear your Hawaiian Shirt that you think, feel, consider to have the best change of being viewed by our panel of adjudicators as having the most "character" or "charisma".

This fine panel of adjudicators will be "surreptitiously" viewing all of the contestants and will tally their scores. The winner will be announced Saturday evening at the Post Show Party at the Crowne Plaza.

The winner will also receive breakfast for 2 at our Breakfast Induction Ceremony on Sunday morning, April 13, 2008 and a certificate suitable for framing (or for placing on your refridgerator door, whichever you feel more appropriate) will also be awarded.

Last years winner (Mr. Chuck Quakenbush) will not be eligible to compete again until 2012. This will ensure that everyone will have a chance at the title as having the "Hawaiian Shirt with the Most Character".

Good luck to all of the competitors and may the best shirt win.

Edited by PennsylvaniaDCHOF

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh yes. Those astute adjudicators who clearly recognized Quack's theme of "WWIII meets the Tropics". Wasn't one judge blinded by his emminence?????? Not to mention his drawers?????

The Pennsylvania Drum Corps Hall of Fame will once again be sponsoring the "Hawaiian Shirt with the Most Character" award. An award winning panel of adjudicators for this prestigious prize are being assembled as this missive is being typed. All that is required of those wishing to vie for this award is to wear your Hawaiian Shirt that you think, feel, consider to have the best change of being viewed by our panel of adjudicators as having the most "character" or "charisma".

This fine panel of adjudicators will be "surreptitiously" viewing all of the contestants and will tally their scores. The winner will be announced Saturday evening at the Post Show Party at the Crowne Plaza.

The winner will also receive breakfast for 2 at our Breakfast Induction Ceremony on Sunday morning, April 13, 2008 and a certificate suitable for framing (or for placing on your refridgerator door, whichever you feel more appropriate) will also be awarded.

Last years winner (Mr. Chuck Quakenbush) will not be eligible to compete again until 2012. This will ensure that everyone will have a chance at the title as having the "Hawaiian Shirt with the Most Character".

Good luck to all of the competitors and may the best shirt win.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh yes. Those astute adjudicators who clearly recognized Quack's theme of "WWIII meets the Tropics". Wasn't one judge blinded by his emminence?????? Not to mention his drawers?????

Yeah, that ensemble was louder then Cabs Alumni Corps at the show. :tongue::music:

Yeah, that ensemble was louder then Cabs Alumni Corps at the show. :tongue::music:

Drat!!! Another weekend of having to wear sunglasses indoors to avoid burning another retina on some of those shirts.

Drat!!! Another weekend of having to wear sunglasses indoors to avoid burning another retina on some of those shirts.

Well, we'll have to see if Fran comes out of the woodwork and partakes this year. That is of course if he isn't maiming anyone during Westshore's stage rehearsal. :music:

Oh, by the way Andrew, will you be wearing your green EVERYONE hat anytime soon? :tongue:

Edited by NYSkyliner

Well, we'll have to see if Fran comes out of the woodwork and partakes this year. That is of course if he isn't maiming anyone during Westshore's stage rehearsal. :music:

Oh, by the way Andrew, will you be wearing your green EVERYONE hat anytime soon? :tongue:

I thought that Fran's destroying stuff was written into the Westshore show!!

And as for the green EVERYONE hat, it's funny you should ask. I just found it this morning in the back of a closet. Perhaps I'll bring it to Harrisburg. I'll be happy to donate it to the PADCHOF Museum, since it made its debut in Scranton in 2004.

Andy

Has someone alerted Fran Haring about this contest? :tongue:

And as for the green EVERYONE hat, it's funny you should ask. I just found it this morning in the back of a closet. Perhaps I'll bring it to Harrisburg. I'll be happy to donate it to the PADCHOF Museum, since it made its debut in Scranton in 2004.

Andy

While your offer to place the aforementioned chapeau amongst the memorabilia amassed by one of our Board members, I regret that to accept such an item (considering it's purpose and history) would not be in the best interest of our organization. Perhaps someone from another newsgroup would be interested (and much more worthy) in obtaining this article. And please, names need not be mentioned. After all nary a word has been heard, therefore all must be well with the world. Best not to test the fates.

Has someone alerted Fran Haring about this contest? :tongue:

Hopefully he'll read it here and possibly participate. Looking forward to seeing the Bridgemen in Harrisburg. Perhaps some of my friends can make it to our Breakfast. Jimmy Jordan, John Richard, Ken "Dondi" Donovan, and any of you who stay overnight after the show.

Edited by PennsylvaniaDCHOF

While your offer to place the aforementioned chapeau amongst the memorabilia amassed by one of our Board members, I regret that to accept such an item (considering it's purpose and history) would not be in the best interest of our organization. Perhaps someone from another newsgroup would be interested (and much more worthy) in obtaining this article. And please, names need not be mentioned. After all nary a word has been heard, therefore all must be well with the world. Best not to test the fates.

Maybe I'll just it on eBay. I ought to be able to get a buck or two for it, assuming I pay for the shipping.