NEI 2008 WOW! Phantom 2008 DOUBLE WOW

... gonna be fun to see what Jill and Robbie do at Spirit. :tongue:

• 3 weeks later...

regarding phantom regiment's"it takes time",has anyone seen this production recently?

their wgi regional debut performance seemed like a rough sketch,perhaps one of our astute members could give us the latest on this show. :rolleyes:

Edited by dugg

regarding phantom regiment's"it takes time",has anyone seen this production recently?

their wgi regional debut performance seemed like a rough sketch,perhaps one of our astute members could give us the latest on this show. :rolleyes:

We'll get a Replay show sometime this week either Tuesday or Wednesday then I'm sure someone around here will mention them.

I thought they would have scored higher than an 82 considering they scored a 78 at week three and it's now week 7.

If we are going by the two points a week block rule they should have scored an 86 or so.......

their wgi regional debut performance seemed like a rough sketch,perhaps one of our astute members could give us the latest on this show. :thumbup:

The word is that they spent the past 3 weeks totally re-staging the show. There isn't one set that's the same as it was 3 weeks ago. Apparently, if the staging put you in a different spot, you also had to learn parts for a new piece of equipment. Yikes!

I could tell the difference and thought it was much better. They also are cleaner and much less droppy than they were in Nashville. I'm also happy to report that the bird wings are gone, and they have new butterfly wings.

Edited by Jak

i love this show!what a fantastic production.i'm suprised more fans aren't talking about this guard.i can see this show peaking at finals week and hope more of you will give this a second look.

i understand the performers have had a tough season with major re-writes but they seem to handle extreme conditions with professionalism and perserverance.in the end this will be absolutely stunning.

adam sage and his super talented staff are visionary and relentless in their approach and skills.they do not give up.

there are so many multi-focus staged effects that there is never a dull moment.pay close attention to the difficult and unique release and catch positions,the wonderful choreography is totally congruous to the equiptment vocabulary rendering a seamless marriage between the two.breathtaking stratospheric tosses,a sumptuously layered flag ensemble,and top notch production values[floor design,costuming and flag design].i just can't say enough about this show and the talent behind it and only hope that others can see it as a true work of artistic vision!

i have faith that the judges will eventually be able to recognize these superb qualities and credit them accordingly.

Edited by dugg

You know,

I think that the music Phantom uses is what keeps me at a distance when watching the show. It just really sounds like the kind of musical track that was used extensively in the '80's.

I keep thinking of Studio One when I hear the music (there's a reference for us "older" folk :thumbup: )

Later,

Mike

hey mike,you could always turn the sound off and play one of your celine dion CD's! :thumbup:

the music is michael tork's saxaphone concerto movemnt #3.

has anyone seen the hidden chevron on their floor?

someone smart once said "change takes time and within that time,beautiful things emerge"!

Edited by dugg

So after re-watching PR I have found what bothers me about the show.

Dugg mentioned the phrase "multi focused stage effects" and yes there is A LOT to see. Almost way too much.

It seems like the pace of the show is "go go go go go go go" there is no natural ebb and flow of the show. There is way too

much to look at with nothing truly grabbing my focus. They have all the color with the flags off in one corner of the floor

and my eye is drawn towards it, but then we lose focus of the weapons being featured in the front of the floor.

Another thing i worry about is their phrasing, like I said no ebb and flow. The phrases don't have a definite beginning and end in their equipment work which makes it less visually appealing to me. Go look at the medalists from the last 6 years or so and notice their shows feel complete and their phrases feel complete. We have a buzzword in the dance world called "Resolution". You've started a phrase, and it needs to be resolved before continuing, not left open ended. Their show sort of abruptly ends too which is bothersome. Maybe it's only me though.

And a lot of this might be due to re-staging and trying to problem solve and really sucks for the performers who have no control over the tasks given to them. They did a great job keeping the energy going and really pushing throughout the show.

Edited by Musical_Spinner

Their show sort of abruptly ends too which is bothersome. Maybe it's only me though.

I know that it's not their real ending. I don't know exactly what they have planned, though. And believe it or not, it's less go-go-go than it was before they re-staged everything.

Edited by Jak