The Cavaliers: Lackluster Endings?

:tongue:

Cool stuff. . .

"It is what it is"

The words Gino would use to describe our performance after a mediocre show when he didnt have anything else to say. I think anyone who has marched in that hornline over the past 4 years probably hates that saying, second only to the ever popular "figure it out"

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, I absolutely love the way they sound, for the most part, but I think the Cavaliers can maintain their approach yet still open up in some spots, no? There were maybe two fortissimo moments in their show last year, the push in the opener and the crescendo at the end of the opener. I loved the company front with Scenes from an Italian Restaurant, but it could have been so much more. It lacked the drum corps power that's necessary for a company front lack that, you just don't get "that" feeling...you guys know what I'm talking about.

Who said company fronts had to be loud moments? Cadets 98?

"It is what it is"

The words Gino would use to describe our performance after a mediocre show when he didnt have anything else to say. I think anyone who has marched in that hornline over the past 4 years probably hates that saying, second only to the ever popular "figure it out"

Funny that "It is what it is" and "Figure it out" are two heavily used phrases at Bones too. Figure it out is probably my least favorite answer to a question... haha. Staffs love using it though.

Edited by TSRTS13

Funny that "It is what it is" and "Figure it out" are two heavily used phrases at Bones too. Figure it out is probably my least favorite answer to a question... haha. Staffs love using it though.

Figure it out is a saying that all drum corps use, not just Bones and Cadets.

Same as "it is what it is".

Figure it out is a saying that all drum corps use, not just Bones and Cadets.

Same as "it is what it is".

Sorry - I havent marched in all the other corps yet. Its on my to do list though. I think Im going to try Cavies, Pioneer, and one other this year (i want something on the west coast maybe??)

Sorry - I havent marched in all the other corps yet. Its on my to do list though. I think Im going to try Cavies, Pioneer, and one other this year (i want something on the west coast maybe??)

Haha.

I guess the sarcasm keeps you sane.

You continue to make me laugh.

Glad someone can joke here on DCP. :tongue:

Ah, sorry, I should have said MOST drum corps. I don't know about ALL, but I know of mine and quite a few others besides Cadets and Bones that use those sayings.

Haha.

I guess the sarcasm keeps you sane.

You continue to make me laugh.

Glad someone can joke here on DCP. :tongue:

Ah, sorry, I should have said MOST drum corps. I don't know about ALL, but I know of mine and quite a few others besides Cadets and Bones that use those sayings.

Laughing is good. Whether its with the joke or at the joke, doesnt really make a difference to me :ph34r: