Drumsticks

Armando625

Everybody has a stick of choice. I want to know yours. What is your favorite brand Vic Firth, Innovative Percussion, or Promark?

for specialty stuff, like timpani mallets and indoor equipment, I like Vic Firth stuff. The Corpsmaster marimba mallets are really comfortable and have a good sound, and I love their timpani mallets. I use Innovative bass mallets, though. They're very comfortable and very durable if you tape them. I've had the same pair of bass mallets since sophomore year of high school. Innovative also has a line of hollow timpani mallets that are super comfortable. I could play with those all day and not complain. I don't have much experience with Promark stuff.

Pro Mark all the way. I've used Vic Firth, Innovative, Ludwig, etc.. Pro Mark by far is my fav. Matt Savage, and Fritz sticks with Vic Firth being the worst.

I've used Innovative and Pro-mark, and I don't think any of them touch Vic Firth. It's difficult for me to decide which stick is my favorite, but its a tossup between the Ralphies, the Tommies, the Scotties, or the McNutties.

Mostly I use Vic Firth's Ralph Hardimon sticks, I really love them! But for tenor mallets I like to play with Innovative's AT1A. For drumset Vic's sd4 combo.

Edited by Bongomar

If someone makes a stick that feels good and sounds good, I don't care whose name is on the label. There are a bunch of sticks out there that I like and hundreds I have yet to try.

Marching Snare:

I've been using VF Hardimons for years as a general purpose snare stick.

I like IP FS-1's if I'm looking for something a little beefier.

I recently tried IP's Paul Rennick model and VF's Colin McNutt. I like 'em both, but probably favor the McNutt a little bit between the two. Not sure if they'll displace the Hardimons as my usual stick.

For something a bit smaller & quieter, I like the Vater MV11. (It makes a decent short tenor stick, too.)

Tenors:

I like VF's MT1A-S mallets and the Vega stick. The Pro-Mark Stevens Stick is a good stick if you want something beefier than the Vega. (I especially like its bare wood finish.)

Concert Snare:

I like the Malletech Tony Cirone rosewood TCSD1 as a general purpose concert stick. I don't think they still make them since I recently saw a Zildjian stick with his name on 'em.

Set:

Varies, but the pair I usually reach for at the moment are Vater Power 5B's. I liked the VF Billy Cobham model before they started cutting a French grip pinky notch into it.

for drumline= VIC FIRTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!