Booking Flights?

So i'm trying to book a flight for next weekend. What is the best way to do this for those who have been through this process before, i haven't, so i don't know any tricks or tips that some of you vets might have.

I'm trying to book a flight from North Carolina, to Texas, for the crossmen camp. The lowest price i can get round trip is $472. Does it REALLY cost that much to fly?, it just seems crazy in my opinion.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So i'm trying to book a flight for next weekend. What is the best way to do this for those who have been through this process before, i haven't, so i don't know any tricks or tips that some of you vets might have.

I'm trying to book a flight from North Carolina, to Texas, for the crossmen camp. The lowest price i can get round trip is $472. Does it REALLY cost that much to fly?, it just seems crazy in my opinion.

within the two week window...bingo.

rent a car...get a buddy to help drive...far less

Welcome to my life. Marching in the corps you want to is NOT cheap, esp for airline tickets included in the cost. I think last year cost me close to 8K. (including housing and etc.)

i thought about it, but i don't have the 20 hours before and after camp to miss because of classes on friday and monday. =\

yes . . .the key to getting cheap flights is to book early (like very early!!!). . .also you can check most other travel sites for prices by using this site (it saves time). . .good luck!

here's a tip, dont wait to book your flight until the week before. heh.. of course it will be expensive that way.

you have a camp schedule right? just book them all at once... it should be much cheaper if you do it months in advance.

I realize that, but i submitted a video audition and was told to be at the march camp yesterday, lol.

here's a tip, dont wait to book your flight until the week before. heh.. of course it will be expensive that way.

you have a camp schedule right? just book them all at once... it should be much cheaper if you do it months in advance.

I use Priceline.com, you may wish to put a rental car on top of that, or the corps should provide rides from the airport. Book at least one month in advance. I fly to NYC (actually Newark) for Bridgemen for about $300, including room.

When you book all at once, you usually cannot cancel, so I would advise doing it month to month, just in case the schedule changes, which often can happen in corps.

Good Luck!

Edited by D. MacKinley Riebesehl

within the two week window...bingo.

rent a car...get a buddy to help drive...far less

Least you forget that many airline companies are now adding $25/bag fee to help offset fuel costs (not to carryons).

Edited by sburstall