Austin Stars Release First Video!

Click here to view our first ever video!

It's just a little clip from our March 1st rehearsal with emphasis on guard. More video to come soon with more from the hornline and percussion!

We were at McCallum High School in Austin and learned our first 6 pages of drill that day.

We're having our first full weekend corps camp on March 15th and 16th. Percussion and Brass on Saturday, full corps on Sunday. We'll learn about 8 more pages of drill!

Oh, and if you haven't seen it already, here's a little sample of our corps proper uniform.

DSCN2854-a.jpg

Edited by Austin Stars

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh... to see people without sleeves just after scraping the ice from my pavement.

Good stuff gang! Hope to see more as this corps grows!

Brent,

This is unrelated to the video, but I wanted to chime in and tell you that I really like the uniforms. Those should be very clean and striking on the field. I hope to get a chance to see you guys this summer.

Take Care,

It was a "so Austin" rehearsal.....beautiful outside, except the wind of death, and a movie being filmed at the same campus we were at.

Can't wait till Sunday to get more on the field! Perhaps guard work will be added while marching :unsure:

Brent,

This is unrelated to the video, but I wanted to chime in and tell you that I really like the uniforms. Those should be very clean and striking on the field. I hope to get a chance to see you guys this summer.

Take Care,

You can imagine how thrilled we were to get those uniforms. Got an incredible deal on them from a high school band that had only used them for four years. Cesario design made by Fred J. Miller. A full set of jackets, bibbers, shakos, plumes and gauntlets and with our corps colors Navy Blue and white. The yellow accent on the gauntlets works out, too, because there will be yellow in guard equipment and costume for our show. :unsure:

Nice Vid and cool to see another newer corps get uniformed. :unsure:

Looks like you guys are having fun.I love the MI music at the end of the video.I was hearing a clip of it when Wayne Bergeron was at the grammys and was thinking of how cool it would be to have a corps do that.

HAve a great season

Looks like you guys are having fun.I love the MI music at the end of the video.I was hearing a clip of it when Wayne Bergeron was at the grammys and was thinking of how cool it would be to have a corps do that.

HAve a great season

Yeah, I like that music, too. Have any sr. corps done it already?

Looks good, keep it up!!!! :unsure: