Spartans?

there has been other threads about the spartans which you can look up if you i wish. I think it probably would be the best decision for the sake of this discussion to not go down that road... If you really want to know you should pm somebody who is or was involved with the program or look up some of the older threads. i know im not the O.P. , but i would like to ask to all of the other posters here to keep the discussion focused on their upcoming 2008 season... not past events. Considering the original question was about how they are currently and looking into the future. This is coming from a personal stand point as somebody who is very close to the spartan organization and has seen how quickly threads like this can spiral out of control.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there has been other threads about the spartans which you can look up if you i wish. I think it probably would be the best decision for the sake of this discussion to not go down that road... If you really want to know you should pm somebody who is or was involved with the program or look up some of the older threads. i know im not the O.P. , but i would like to ask to all of the other posters here to keep the discussion focused on their upcoming 2008 season... not past events. Considering the original question was about how they are currently and looking into the future. This is coming from a personal stand point as somebody who is very close to the spartan organization and has seen how quickly threads like this can spiral out of control.

Well, I was just trying to understand what happened. I did take your advise and look at past threads. I also asked past members about their thoughts on this whole situation and it seems that there has been a lot issues from the administration of the drum corps.

The Spartans are a first-class organization, and I expect to see the same this summer.

I find the argument that 1997 Div 2/3 had greater depth than 2007 quite difficult to accept. That's not to take anything away from the accomplishments of Mandarins that year, but things have continued to evolve. I think the open class shows are consistently more intricate, demanding, and sophisticated in 2007 when compared to their 1997 counterparts.

I am pretty sure that the large staff turnover had to do with a conflict in interest. The executive director wanted to remain in Division 2 and the staff wanted to go Division 1. I don't think there is anything wrong with that decision, and don't think there is anything negative happening at the organization now. They just need to find some more bodies.

that seems very bizarre. didn't Spartans announce they were going to be going World Class next season? would the staff who left really be that impatient? that just seems like a weird road to take if you ask me. all divII/III staff have patience of nice old grandmothers from my experience. i dont mean to say div II/III staff are easy on their kids, NOT AT ALL! my point is that D2/3 staff usually take any kids interested in drum corps no matter what the skill level and teach them how to be successful at it. that takes a certain kind of patience and that is why i describe it as "nice old grandmothers."

that seems very bizarre. didn't Spartans announce they were going to be going World Class next season? would the staff who left really be that impatient? that just seems like a weird road to take if you ask me. all divII/III staff have patience of nice old grandmothers from my experience. i dont mean to say div II/III staff are easy on their kids, NOT AT ALL! my point is that D2/3 staff usually take any kids interested in drum corps no matter what the skill level and teach them how to be successful at it. that takes a certain kind of patience and that is why i describe it as "nice old grandmothers."

Not all staff is patient. I know a bunch of 2/3 staff can freak out really easily. . .

I am pretty sure that the large staff turnover had to do with a conflict in interest. The executive director wanted to remain in Division 2 and the staff wanted to go Division 1. I don't think there is anything wrong with that decision, and don't think there is anything negative happening at the organization now. They just need to find some more bodies.

Then the instruction staff must have been willing to raise the extra hundreds of thousands of dollars that are necessary for them to be a World Class corps. How nice of them!!! :thumbup: .

Something tells me that some good old-fashioned fact checking may be in order here. I believe that in this particular basket, the dirty laundry was of a different color.

pic_laundry_basket-729178.gif