From the FDO Executive Director

To all DCPI Directors,

As you have probably noticed, I have not been on nearly as much as I generally am on the DCPI forums. There are many reasons including my school work this semester and my other duties for fan clubs and such, which is also taking alot of my time and DCPI has been put on the back burner and will unfortunately continue to be that way for awhile. What does that mean for the FDO do you ask? For this summer, I have decided to not hold a pre-season event like I did last season and I will be cutting back on the amount of shows that my corps are doing. All corps will be fielded, but they will probably only be doing as much as ten shows before Championships. The shows for the corps will be posted at a later date.

-Wayne

Shows for DCPI-X. Tell me what you think!

Florida Dragon Battalion (Division I)

"Trittico" by Vaclav Nehlybel

I. Allegro Maestoso

II. Adagio

III. Allegro Marcato

Florida Dragon Regiment (Division II)

"Give Us This Day" by David Maslanka (Two Movements)

Florida Dragon Cadets (Division III)

"Music of Clifton Williams"

I. Fanfare and Allegro

II. Pastorale

III. Symphonic Dance No. 3 "Fiesta"

It should be banned because it's been played to much, much like a Malaguena. :ninja:

I don't believe that Trittico that Wayne is referencing is the same one that is played too much; that would be the one the Blue Knights have performed on multiple occasions: Trittico by James Curnow

If the Blue Knights hold pattern, the next version of Trittico is due next year! They should at least reference it.

Back to Fantasy, though... sorry to get off topic. ;)

It has the same name...that's all that counts. :thumbup:

hahaha, okay--same name, but totally different style of piece.

If the Blue Knights hold pattern, the next version of Trittico is due next year! They should at least reference it.

Back to Fantasy, though... sorry to get off topic. ;)

Yeah, they've referenced it quite a few times... in other shows

1994, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004

2000, 2001, and 2004 were the years that were not "Trittico" shows, but the music was somehow referenced in.

Love the show selections. Much luck from your friends down the street.

• 4 weeks later...

It comes with regret for me to inform everyone that due to extreme circumstances, I will not be able to field any corps for DCPI-X. This is due to my other obligations in real-life (having to start to search for jobs now instead after I graduate with the hiring freeze in place here in FL) as well as online communities that require activity at least three times a week if not more. This is only temporary and for only this coming season. All three corps will be back better than ever for the 11th season of DCPI with better drill and better shows. Also, I will not be fielding a Senior corps in CLASS ACT for the same reasons. Thanks everyone for understanding and have a great 10th season of DCPI! I will still be available and online via AIM or YIM for anyone that needs to get a hold of me.

-Wayne