2008 Glassmen present

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It isn't the official Bungie soundtrack, but the Halo Zero soundtrack is available here.

(Halo Zero is a fan-made 2D conversion of Halo. Think super mario brothers but with the master chief and lasers.)

Alternatively just go to Amazon and preview some of the stuff. I like Halo 2's better than halo 1. Can't speak for 3.

Edited by comeonfhqwhgads

Is the music any good?

That is the question to ask. I did not read this entire thread, so excuse me if my post is redundant. Instead of inventing these clever themes for press releases, how about drum corps concern themselves with GREAT music and GREAT drill? Is this just too 1980's?

When was the last time the Blue Devils were more concerned with concept over substance? Here's a hint:

Concept: 2005's Dance Debacle of the Century; Substance: oh... 12 DCI titles.

And by "concept," I mean something that has to be explained outside the confines of what drum corps used to be about: music, movement, applause and the Dreaded ticket sales.

Back to topic. Maybe I'm weird, but when corps release "teasers" for their upcoming shows, it gets my attention and interest every time. I'm speculating that there isn't a lot of hidden meaning in this one. Since the logo uses the dictionary entry for "carnival", the show will embody the DEFINITION.

But for a very short time because there is nothing to support the "concept". To me it's big whoppie, they have a fancy show name that doesn't say anything about the show and interest is lost quickly. No need to follow up on it. The only reason that PR's "Spartcus" got a lot of time was because they did it in the past and we were contemplating if they were going to have a 2008 version of their '81-'82 show or go with non-related music, like they did with the Faust show. As far I we know, GMen could be doing circus music. A title without a follow through equates to nothing.

Edited by sburstall

The musical selections they have chosen are solid and from what I've heard of it the show is a vast departure in style from the recent Glassmen years. And honestly, I think they chose to show the pronunciation in the show logo just because it looks cool.

Let me just say this , everyone will be pleasantly surprised ! :worthy: Come see us in Toledo at the Glass Bowl in June .