N. Y. Skyliners Extend Beefsteak Dinner Ticket Deadline

The New York Skyliners are excited to announce that, due to demand we have made arrangements with our vendor to allow us to sell Beefsteak Dinner tickets for a few more days.

Therefore, we are extending the ticket deadline. If you plan on attending the Beefsteak Dinner (Sat., March 29th at the Dover American Legion Post #27), and have not already ordered your tickets, you can still do so online at: N. Y. Skyliners Beefsteak Dinner Ticket Link, or contact Doreen Sandor, N. Y. Skyliners Dir. of Publicity at skypublicity@nyskyliners.org. All tickets to be picked up at "will call."

In addition, the New York Skyliners will hold any cancellation tickets at the door for sale that evening. This will allow people who otherwise have not purchased tickets but find themselves able to attend, to have an opportunity to join us. Cancellation tickets will be at the full price ($35.00), and on a first come, first serve basis.

Catered by Baskinger's Catering Company of Clifton, New Jersey, the $35.00 ticket price includes: Beefsteak Dinner (salad, fries, Filet Mignon), coffee and dessert; Beer, wine (with proof of age) and soda; Door prizes and lots of fun; and a D.J. There will also be a Cash Bar in "The Skyliner Lounge" for mixed drinks, and a "Mega" 50/50. The doors open at 6:00 P.M., and the dinner will start with the salad.

The New York Skyliners have also located hotel accommodations for attendees at the Hampton Inn Denville-Parsippany Area, New Jersey. The Hampton Inn is only one exit away from the Dover American Legion Post #27, and transportation to and from the hotel will be provided for Beefsteak Dinner attendees by the New York Skyliners . The special New York Skyliners price is well below regular and going rates. View Hampton Inn link.

The proceeds from this fundraising event will benefit The New York Skyliners Drum & Bugle Corps, Inc., , a non-profit organization registered in the State of New Jersey.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is hard to believe that the New York Skyliners Beefsteak Dinner is this coming Saturday! March 29th! We look forward to seeing everyone there.

Edited by Targets DBC_2008

It is hard to believe that the New York Skyliners Beefsteak Dinner is this coming Saturday! March 29th! We look forward to seeing everyone there.

Don't forget that you can still get tickets, so log onto: N. Y. Skyliners Beefsteak Dinner Ticket Link to order tickets online.

We have also made arrangements at Hampton Inn Denville-Parsippany Area, New Jersey at an affordable rate. The hotel is only one exit away from the Dover American Legion Post #27, and transportation to and from the hotel will be provided for Beefsteak Dinner attendees by the New York Skyliners. View Hampton Inn Link

So, come on down and enjoy an evening with the New York Skyliners! In addition to it being an evening of wonderful food, comradery and music, this is also a fundraiser for the N. Y. Skyliners field corps. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Don't forget that you can still get tickets, so log onto: N. Y. Skyliners Beefsteak Dinner Ticket Link to order tickets online.

We have also made arrangements at Hampton Inn Denville-Parsippany Area, New Jersey at an affordable rate. The hotel is only one exit away from the Dover American Legion Post #27, and transportation to and from the hotel will be provided for Beefsteak Dinner attendees by the New York Skyliners. View Hampton Inn Link

So, come on down and enjoy an evening with the New York Skyliners! In addition to it being an evening of wonderful food, comradery and music, this is also a fundraiser for the N. Y. Skyliners field corps. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Is it me or does the term "Beefsteak" just sound kinda weird? I know it is a valid term but I have NEVER heard it used in conversation....I take that back, I had a roommate once whose life revolved a little too closely around red meat and he would use the term "beef" prepended to quite a lot of things...he was also 300lbs. Why did you not just call it a "Steak Dinner"????

Is it me or does the term "Beefsteak" just sound kinda weird? I know it is a valid term but I have NEVER heard it used in conversation....I take that back, I had a roommate once whose life revolved a little too closely around red meat and he would use the term "beef" prepended to quite a lot of things...he was also 300lbs. Why did you not just call it a "Steak Dinner"????

Hmmmm... well I just had to look that one up.

Free online dictionary:

BEEF STEAK - A slice of beef, such as one taken from the loin or the hindquarters, suitable for broiling or frying.

Wikipedia:

BEEF STEAK - A steak cut from beef cattle. (makes sense to me, it's not a lamb or ham steak)

of more interest to note:

A celebratory dinner, commonly held in New York between about 1870 and 1940, stag until the 1920s, involving the consumption of enormous quantities of broiled steak and beer. Participants were permitted to eat only with their fingers; other dishes served as appetizers at beefsteaks included hamburgers, lamb chops, kidneys and occasionally baked potatoes. (seems to fit to me)

BRING IT ON! A1 steak sauce all around. I'm eating with utensils though.

Hi, Tony.

BTW, "Beefsteak Dinners" are very popular in New Jersey. Many non-profit and civic organizations run them here - including the Dover American Legion Post #27 where we are having the dinner - and that is what it is called. "Beefsteak Dinner." To clarify for those who were unfamiliar with this type of fundraising event, we did let people know what they would be eating - FILET MIGNON!

The company catering our dinner - Baskinger's Catering Company of Clifton, New Jersey - is one of the best, and has been doing this for years.

I came upon a link about Beefsteak Dinner that says: "The New York Times today has a wonderful article on beefsteak dinners. While the article focuses on present-day dinners held in New Jersey, it does note that the dinners were immensely popular in New York in the early part of the 20th century, especially among political and commercial organizations." (Source: http://cookedbooks.blogspot.com/2008/01/be...ak-dinners.html)

So, thanks for the opportunity to answer a question that others outside of the East Coast/New Jersey area may also have wanted to ask. Maybe it will send a few more people our way.

No matter what it is called, it is going to be a great evening for everyone attending. And it is not too late to buy a ticket online and experience this age old New York - and New Jersey - tradition first hand with the New York Skyliners.

N. Y. Skyliners Beefsteak Dinner Link

Can't wait!

There will be prize drawings, music, DANCING, adult beverages, soft drinks, wise cracks from JOE CHIZEK, 50-50, "Chinese Auction", shuttle rides to hotel, etc.etc.etc. Don't miss it!!!!

Dano :thumbup:

Edited by skybusmgr

Can't wait!

There will be prize drawings, music, DANCING, adult beverages, soft drinks, wise cracks from JOE CHIZEK, 50-50, "Chinese Auction", shuttle rides to hotel, etc.etc.etc. Don't miss it!!!!

Dano :thumbup:

Who me??? Remember Beefsteak Charlies back in the day...

Meat.