"Trooping the Stands"

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of all the things we've accomplished, it's nice to know that people rememner the "little things"
Certainly your accomplishments vastly overshadow a "wrong turn", but I just couldn't resist. Ya got to admit though, if I didn't get to it first, someone else would...

One other factor to consider is small corps with many props. Once everyone mans a prop or piece of pit equipment, there's only three guys left to troop the stands. Timpani, drum set, flags, backdrops, they all take people to man handle. And I do mean man handle, it's not like the ones that do come with wheels, come with wheels that are well suited for dirt, grass, mud, or gravel. Not everyone has pit carts and tractors. And some that do may not have the means to get them to every show. Look at how many corps borrow someone elses drum major podium at nationals.

I do miss leaving the field on a cadence and passing by the audience. Many times, it's the only time you could count Euphs. Or recognize someone you marched with. Or see how pretty (or not) a given corps colorguard really is.

With the exception of DCA prelims and finals, My former corps (brigs) ALWAYS trooped the stands at every show...why am I getting the impression this thread is just another opportunity for the old pharts to once again glorify the past while insulting the present? Folks that are still marching...let us hear from you!

Bill

really nice...... you're the only one insulting anyone, jack*

Edited by Mike_B

Well, he did ask a simple question. It seems half the posts have something to do with the Bushwacker incident.

(No offense to Bush.....)

I miss the trooping at finals and think it should be part of the show. DCA should find a way to work the logistics out instead of making excuses why they can't. As a fan I want the whole enchilada!

Is trooping the stands with a drum cadence still done at DCA shows?

Holly Crap!!! Simple answer.

Yes.. (and I hope they never end it)

Exceptions are.

If show sponsors or time is an issue. Which is very rare. (Hershey but hey really don't have to worry about that one anymore now do we)

DCA Prelims and Finals .. To keep flow for prelims and well Finals to get the heck out and let the winning corps do their encores..

How simple was that. GEEZ LEWEEZ!!!

Now onto next Rumor.

Holly Crap!!! Simple answer.

Yes.. (and I hope they never end it)

Exceptions are.

If show sponsors or time is an issue. Which is very rare. (Hershey but hey really don't have to worry about that one anymore now do we)

DCA Prelims and Finals .. To keep flow for prelims and well Finals to get the heck out and let the winning corps do their encores..

How simple was that. GEEZ LEWEEZ!!!

Now onto next Rumor.

Trooping the stands is the best and I hope DCA does bring it back to Finals. Walking off of the back of the field after finals last year to a tap really SUCKED!!! It did not give the fans the opportunity to give usthe one last EVIL cheer. Just my opionion.

:thumbup: I agree overwhelmingly with Contra Joe. DCA should allow "Trooping the stands" for the reasons Joe mentioned. :winky:

Yeah I agree with Contra Joe too

I think maybe some Corps members would like it also, especially those that might not be marching ever again .

But I think it is because of the Time. What time did retreat end last year. After Midnight I believe.

So I am guessing with the people in the area it would stink for them because you know with the playing in the parking area (would say lot but their isn't one. )

That is one thing I liked about Scrotom .. Everyone went back to the lot. not to many houses around so this all could be done.

Edited by MrFun

I know that when weather permits, the CV show (and I believe the Heatwave show back when) did full olympic style retreat, every corps played themselves off, and at least on one occasion, Heatwave played to us in the retreat formation... "Time Warp" I believe it was. Good times, good memories.

I remember that! AWESOME!