Kingsmen Fold Their Tents

Word out of Southern California has the Kingsmen all age corps going belly up. Apparently there wasn't enough interest to keep the effort alive. Has anyone heard anything from this great drum and bugle corps?

Word out of Southern California has the Kingsmen all age corps going belly up. Apparently there wasn't enough interest to keep the effort alive. Has anyone heard anything from this great drum and bugle corps?

Not the official Kingsmen spokesman or anything, but I have read that our board has decided that it was too late in the season to put together a field show for the Kingsmen as an all age corps in 2008. However, this year The Kingsmen will perform as an alumni corps at local functions, parades and stand-stills. Hopefully, we will see The Kingsmen do another field show as an all age corps in the not too distant future, it just won't be this summer. The recruiting effort continues for the '09 junior corps so the organization will be focusing on that instead as it is a priority.

Edited by scv guy

Not the official Kingsmen spokesman or anything, but I have read that our board has decided that it was too late in the season to put together a field show for the Kingsmen as an all age corps in 2008. However, this year The Kingsmen will perform as an alumni corps at local functions, parades and stand-stills. Hopefully, we will see The Kingsmen do another field show as an all age corps in the not too distant future, it just won't be this summer. The recruiting effort continues for the '09 junior corps so the organization will be focusing on that instead as it is a priority.

I Sooo, hope you are right and Kingsmen make it as a senior corps.

Kingsmen junior corps??? Woah ... that's cool. I am very out of the loop.

Thanks for the partial confirmation....make sure the board knows they need to send a rep to the DCI meeting in January ro else they can't get into shows.

Sigh... I'm disappointed, but understand the decision not to field an all-age corps this year.

However, this is good news....

The Kingsmen will perform as an alumni corps at local functions, parades and stand-stills.

Wouldn't it be great to see Kingsmen Alumni corps at DCA's amazing Friday night I&E extravaganza? Perhaps as a minicorps or brass ensemble?

All the best to our southern California friends in blue.

See you on the 50... someday soon,

- Greg

Wouldn't it be great to see Kingsmen Alumni corps at DCA's amazing Friday night I&E extravaganza? Perhaps as a minicorps or brass ensemble?

Do you WANT to destroy Rochester with the cheering???

*on the other hand...what a way to go!* :tongue:

Do you WANT to destroy Rochester with the cheering???

*on the other hand...what a way to go!* :blink:

You're asking if we want to destroy Rochester with the cheering...

HECK YEA

:tongue: :tongue:

I'd invite those Kmen who were looking to march this year over to En Garde, but I don't know if DCI woudl like it if we switched BACK....although I'd rather be a Sr.

Y'never know.....we have camp this weekend and if a ton of old guys came out for this year....

I'd invite those Kmen who were looking to march this year over to En Garde, but I don't know if DCI woudl like it if we switched BACK....although I'd rather be a Sr.

Y'never know.....we have camp this weekend and if a ton of old guys came out for this year....

FLIP....FLOP!

Sorry, Sam.