AIR BLADES - New Props from Band Shoppe

ehsguard

the band shoppe site says they aren't available to May 10th

Got mine in today. It is a little hard to manipulate. Kinda bulky and needs a little more weight in the "butt" part. It takes a little getting used to. But overall I like it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least on person on Myspace claims that his/her school will be using them during marching band season.

At least on person on Myspace claims that his/her school will be using them during marching band season.

Do you know what school this is? I'm working on an article about the Air Blade and would love to talk with their director.

Catina

I was looking at using them also this marching band season. Thought they would really work well with the show. But I was thinking about getting one myself and trying it out.

Sci-fi show?

Mine came in today. It is a little 'wobbly', but so was sabre when we first learned it. Once you get the pitch under control, it feels very much like a rifle. When tossing, the revolutions are pretty slow so you have to work harder at releases, but body rolls are much easier than on rifle. I also think that it is easier to catch solidly than rifle because of the degree of the curve - very comfortable.

Unfortunately, no wind today - I'm very curious to see how it will spin outside since it didn't behave the way I thought it would inside (ie slow rotations). The kids were pretty excited about it - even my beginners did pretty well on spins! I'm looking forward to working with it more and I'm sure I'll end up using it sometime soon. Dropped it a lot and it's doing okay - I'm going to see what kind of a beating it can take before I order a set....

I enjoy the opportunity to expose my students to new ideas and ways of thinking. Overall, I like it very much!

Edited by la mejor

• 4 weeks later...

Found this article about the new airblades, including links to a few videos of the items in action (one outdoors, with some wind present; one indoors). They look REALLY cool, and are about the same price as rifles, maybe a bit cheaper since no need for straps and/or bolts/tape to purchase.

• 3 weeks later...