2008 MCA Serenade In Brass Mini-Corps Competition Results

1. 84.333 Mass Brass

2. 84.167 Golden Eagles

3. 82.500 Ghost Riders

4. 80.500 Erie Thunderbirds

5. 79.167 Amoskeag Sound

Mass Brass will perform in exhibition tonight at the Serenade in Brass concert. Also, Mass Brass, Golden Eagles, and Ghost Riders will perform in exhibition at the post-concert part at the Harrisburg Crowne Plaza.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to go Mass Brass.....

1. 84.333 Mass Brass

2. 84.167 Golden Eagles

3. 82.500 Ghost Riders

5. 79.167 Amoskeag Sound

Mass Brass will perform in exhibition tonight at the Serenade in Brass concert. Also, Mass Brass, Golden Eagles, and Ghost Riders will perform in exhibition at the post-concert part at the Harrisburg Crowne Plaza.

WOW......what a show!!! Mass Brass's Sop line is nothing short of AMAZING!!! :beer:

Congrats Mass Brass!!! A job WELL DONE!!! You really deserved it today!!! :ninja:

1. 84.333 Mass Brass

2. 84.167 Golden Eagles

3. 82.500 Ghost Riders

5. 79.167 Amoskeag Sound

What a wonderful show at the "after-glow" party tonight in Harrisburg! Ghost Riders were controlled, sweet sounding and a nice show to enjoy. Golden Eagles were very, very nice. Mass Brass - we know why you're the best! Awesome job by all. It was a real treat to be there and enjoy it all.

1. 84.333 Mass Brass

2. 84.167 Golden Eagles

3. 82.500 Ghost Riders

5. 79.167 Amoskeag Sound

What a wonderful show at the "after-glow" party tonight in Harrisburg! Ghost Riders were controlled, sweet sounding and a nice show to enjoy. Golden Eagles were very, very nice. Mass Brass - we know why you're the best! Awesome job by all. It was a real treat to be there and enjoy it all.

It was truly a fantastic experience from start to finish. I want to thank our competitors for forcing us to take it up a notch, but mostly for being such a great bunch of people. I can honestly say I have never experienced the response from a competitor that I have this weekend. It made it very special indeed. I can't remember enjoying performing so much. Your response to us definitely brought my level of performance up a notch...

Our new relationship with Larry Kerchner is just what the good doctor ordered! I mean the man is a music god! :ninja:

Mikey our drummer...What can I say! Those that were there know exactly what I mean! :ninja:

The rest of my MB brothers and sister...it is an honor to play next you all...!!!!!!!!!! :worthy:

Again...it was just a thrill top to bottom..win or loose..this is what MCA is all about...Drum Corps..The Way it Was Meant to Be...IN YOUR FACE FUN!

(we need to do this more often...)

Edited by MelloRick

Congrats 'Strutta' and Mass Brass. Musta been one heckuva performance. Sorry I didn't get a chance to schmooze at the meeting.

With the closeness of the scores everyone smaoked and the audience benefitted.....kudos to all corps. It also looks like the new judging sheets were a winner.

MCA 'gets' it and CrossmenXtreme is xtremely happy to be aboard in this, our second year of membership.

J

After grabbing some much needed sleep (got in at 8:30 this morning) I need to let the entire drum corps community

know what really happened yesterday after the show. After hearing the scores announced we all gathered in the hallway

to hear the details for the night show. No sooner then Strutta started speaking we were descended upon by a swarm

of Golden Eagles with handshakes, pats on the back & hearty congratulations! Then knowing that Mass Brass does

not have an equipment truck to help with the big equipment The Eagles volunteered the use of their truck to transport

equipment to the Forum! I think the town of West Sayville should erect a billboard with the Golden Eagles picture

on it with a caption "Class Resides Here" :worthy::ninja::worthy: :worthy: :ninja::wow::worthy: :worthy:

What an amazing weekend. But my lip is nothing short of shot. It was a lot of fun playing with Ghost Riders, especially next to my father. We play great next to each other. And then the night show with St. Joes Alumni was even more fun. The whole lead line which included legend Kenny 'Ace' Petersen, Brad DeWall, my father and myself to name a few, was on fire!!! It was a great weekend, I enjoyed myself a lot.

Every mini corps in that competition was well-prepared and sounding wonderful. AND.... it's only April!!

MCA is growing very strong!!!