2008 MCA Serenade In Brass Mini-Corps Competition Results

Hey little Joe............I'm so sorry that I didn't get a chance to see/hear ya.......and ACE. I'd have walked on my knees over a highway of broken glass to see you three playing next to each other...........OK, maybe not THAT Xtreme.... Look forward to seeing you on the eastern tour.

The Old Joe

What an amazing weekend. But my lip is nothing short of shot. It was a lot of fun playing with Ghost Riders, especially next to my father. We play great next to each other. And then the night show with St. Joes Alumni was even more fun. The whole lead line which included legend Kenny 'Ace' Petersen, Brad DeWall, my father and myself to name a few, was on fire!!! It was a great weekend, I enjoyed myself a lot.

Every mini corps in that competition was well-prepared and sounding wonderful. AND.... it's only April!!

MCA is growing very strong!!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got home and a short nap...LONG WEEKEND with double duty in GR and St. Joes.

Congrats to all of the mini corps. I am very proud of the Ghost Riders for the improvements they are allowing.

As everyone has said, the mini corps are very well prepared and sounding great. Mass Brass is super clean for this time of year, and the Golden are very effective. I am sorry that I didnt get the chance to see Erie but I know that they let one loose as well. Amoskeag Sound was on right before Ghost Riders so I only heard them from outside in the hall, but they also had a great reaction from the crowd.

Thanks to Larry Herschman and 5 Star Brass for making it happen.

Donny

Edited by donnymusic

Mikey our drummer...What can I say! Those that were there know exactly what I mean! :ninja:

I hear ya.... that guy is a great player!

This was a fun show..... it was an honor to get the chance to emcee the proceedings. These mini-corps definitely have it going on.

Congrats to Mass Brass on their win..... they were terrific, both at the afternoon show and again at the night show on the Forum stage!

Fran

.... it was an honor to get the chance to emcee the proceedings. These mini-corps definitely have it going on.

Congrats to Mass Brass on their win..... they were terrific, both at the afternoon show and again at the night show on the Forum stage!

Fran

Fran,

Thanks for stepping up and making our show SO MUCH better!

Thanks also go out to the entire show staff, for all they did to make the day a success:

Fran Haring

Arron Koffman

Paul MacDonald

Ken Norman

Erin Serfass

Sue VanEssendelft

And of course, from 5 Star Brass:

Bill And Ruth Light

Dan Rippon

and Larry Hershman

Edited by MCA Public Relations

1. 84.333 Mass Brass

2. 84.167 Golden Eagles

3. 82.500 Ghost Riders

4. 80.500 Erie Thunderbirds

5. 79.167 Amoskeag Sound

I think that this contest showed what MCA is all about:

5 EXCELLENT competitors, who each put on an exciting, unique and well-prepared show.

Plus, I found that each organization conducted itself in a spotlessly professional manner; making the show a pleasure and a breeze!

LOTS MORE TO COME from this bunch, later in the season!

WOW!!!...and...WOW!! The MCA Invitational was nothing short of spectacular IMO. I enjoyed this event just as much as a spectator as I did as a performer. Maybe moreso. Gone are the days of ...." Hey...let's have a few brewskies, play some good tunes and have a great time". The quality level of these corps' has taken, in my estimation, a GIANT leap forward. No....MCA is not about to replace DCA anytime soon and most likely never. But I'm here to tell you folks that there is a new seriousness to this activity among the participants. Along with that.....if you include the comeradery among the participants and their seeming ability to enjoy each others company even while in competition....well....you're looking at a very, very, marketable product. Just sayin.....

Absolutely correct Gino!

WOW!!!...and...WOW!! The MCA Invitational was nothing short of spectacular IMO. I enjoyed this event just as much as a spectator as I did as a performer. Maybe moreso. Gone are the days of ...." Hey...let's have a few brewskies, play some good tunes and have a great time". The quality level of these corps' has taken, in my estimation, a GIANT leap forward. No....MCA is not about to replace DCA anytime soon and most likely never. But I'm here to tell you folks that there is a new seriousness to this activity among the participants. Along with that.....if you include the comeradery among the participants and their seeming ability to enjoy each others company even while in competition....well....you're looking at a very, very, marketable product. Just sayin.....

told ya!

MCA Rocks! :rock:

(I never get tired of bein' right)

yes Tom, and most of us actually like and respect each other.......... :rock:

told ya!

MCA Rocks! :juggle:

(I never get tired of bein' right)

yes Tom, and most of us actually like and respect each other.......... :devil:

I'd like to add a personal note:

Throughout the day I got to meet some of the leaders and icons of the activity, and to work with a few more I was already familiar with.

:rock::juggle::dancin:

Just wanted to say what a thrill it was to speak with each of you, even for just a short time. Thanks for taking the time for a newbie, and for making me feel so welcome!

Edited by MCA Public Relations