Bushwackers are getting through a tough situation

Kudos to Bob Jacobs and the Jersey Surf for the quick response. Bob runs a class organization up there in NJ. Surf and Bush have been good friends for many years. I am so glad to know that this will not stop Bush from hitting the field. How the heck do you hide a trailer that big?

Only in NJ.

Go BUSH!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And to those of you that heard me complain the last two weeks of the last couple piles of the uniforms being in my living room ...I take it back!!!! I've never been happier to have them in my home, safe and sound. :tongue:

Whats that saying God works in Mysterious ways. There's a reason for everything. :tongue:

Whats that saying God works in Mysterious ways. There's a reason for everything.

AMEN, BRUTHA!!

I am firmly convinced the Bushwackers will not only come through this crisis with flying colors, it will also make the corps tighter and stronger.

Thanks to ALL who are hanging in there with us, providing all types of support. There is BIG support from Surf and others, but other levels of support that is equally appreciated.

Members, supporters, alumni, family, and friends - we have rehearsal on April 26th and 27th.

Just like always!!

Did you lose all the horns?

Where was the trailer last .. In the Harrison area?

Besides the fact that it was painted black white and Blue I believe With the name on the side. Is there anything out of the ordinary that Might catch ones eye since I travel all day all over NJ area.

Man I am going to be checking all the landscapers that I see. Hey that could fit A drag racing car in it no? It was a Fifth wheel type trailer right..

Most of the horns actually. It was in Ridgefield Park where we rehearse now, not to many distinguishing features, however the spare that is mounted to the front will have a bent rim on it. It was just White. The trailor is the kind that hitches to the back of the truck.

Drumcorps would not be drumcorps without adversity. If drumcorps was easy, it wouldn't be such a meaningful experience, and the bonds we form would not be as strong and as permanent as they are.

And, those stories that drumcorps people tend to tell: we tend to become storytellers because there are so many amazing and inspirational stories to tell.

This is one of those stories.

The Bushwacker equipment trailer was stolen last week. The Bushwackers used that trailer as a mobile storage facility for our instruments and other equipment, so we lost all of our equipment. Everything has to be replaced: battery, pit, horns, guard equipment, tools, a generator, and many other things. Thankfully, our unique uniforms were NOT in the trailer.

After contacting the police and our insurance company, we contacted our friends. Our insurance company has already agreed to quickly compensate us for our loss, but it is the kindness of friends that has truly warmed our hearts and has let us know that we will be ok.

Jersey Surf's Bob Jacobs was one of the first to offer help. Surf members will be performing with new horns this season, and Mr. Jacobs has offered us an entire set of Bb Dynasty horns (72 instruments). Other friends have offered help with percussion instruments and guard equipment as well as brass instruments. The Bushwackers are truly grateful to have such wonderful friends.

Thanks to some awesome people, the April 26 and 27 camp will take place as scheduled, and our plans for "Gypsodic!" have not changed.

Please visit http://www.bushwackers.org if you would like information on how to join, how to help, or if you'd like to run the serial number of some instrument for sale on E-bay by us.

Best of luck...

I am firmly convinced the Bushwackers will not only come through this crisis with flying colors, it will also make the corps tighter and stronger.

You go, Bob... and the rest of the Bushwackers, too.

As someone who has been forced to become an "expert" of sorts on crisis management within the past year, I know you guys are gonna be just fine.

Hats off to Jersey Surf for stepping up and helping out.

And I hope the authorities find the thief/thieves/bums and justice is served.

Fran

Kudos to the Jersey Surf for steppping up and providing horns. Also, kudos to the insurance company! I wish the best for Bush. I will also keep an eye on eBay as well. Might want to keep an eye on local pawn shops as well.

I second the thoughts on Bob Jacobs... one of the true gentlemen in drum corps... I am not the least bit surprised that he stepped up to the plate and went to bat for them. All drum corps needs to recognize the job Bob Jacobs does...

lots of good suggestions on here... I tend to agree that most of the stuff is in a ditch somewhere, but they may have been quicker to realize the value in the percussion equipment. At any rate - especially in the alumni ranks where individuals tend to buy their own equipment - I hope everyone will keep a look out for "unusual" equipment appearing... doubt you'll see anything on ebay... too easy to trace...

Best of luck to Bush... leave it to you guys to make the best of the situation...

but heh, I would expect no less from a corps that went it's first 4 years without ever winning a contest and then finally - through a lot of fortitude and determination - won their first show and what a win it was - 1986 DCA Championship... this is the first and only time a corps has won finals without EVER having won ANY other show (including prelims that weekend). It was my pleasure to be on the championship panel that weekend. It was a great moment in DCA history.

I've got it on good information, from a reliable source, that the Bushwackers' Trailer was stolen by a rogue band of Gypsies. And not a band in the traditional sense, as in a Band of Brothers, but a real band... THAT'S RIGHT !!! A group of Gypsies that play instruments.

What are the chances?