Field and Floors top winter guards

CAGuardFan

I came across this web site and thought I would share the link. David G Hill starts with his pick of the top 32 winter guards then the top 16 to 8 and finally the top 4. He has been doing this for a number of years now. It is started after the WGI Championships are over. It's just something kind of fun to watch and see what the outcome will be!

http://www.fieldandfloor.typepad.com/fieldandfloor/

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opinion.....pure opinion.

His opinion is worthy...trust!

He's never knocked me over with a conflicting opinion to my own so he's pretty good in my book.

Although I would have put SCV at the top rather than Fantasia.

For the most part I typically agree with David's picks, he puts a lot of time and thought into his work. My one issue is his love affair with Beyer. (It's like the boyfriend who treats you badly and everyone else can see it except you!) I don't know if we should stage an intervention or not. He still seems to be in the 'honeymoon' stage with them...

That said, if you are a fan of the activity, you should most definitely check out his blog, he always has great insight into both activities: Field and Floor.

Plus, it's just fun to read! :-)

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

David and I have exchanged some mutual admiration over the years, and a more blunt and honest approach to the world of pageantry one cannot find. Big fan of Mr. Hill's, and he knows it. Fun stuff. You have to get "used" to his style of writing, because if I were to put it into MS Word and do a grammar check on it, I'm sure it would rank in the 12th grade level of writing--and for us dumb Americans (and where in business we're told to keep writings at the 6th to 8th grade level), he may seem a little "high falutin' " but...good stuff nonetheless.

You can't find that sort of bluntness in the world of pageantry? I think you have some reading to do around CGP!

Heck just look at the back postings of Prfcttimeofday, me, and dugg.......plenty of bluntness! :tongue:

Well I almost always disagree with him, his "type" of colorguard is typically a little fluffy for me. That having been said I do enjoy reading what he has to say and the way he says it often times makes me laugh.

You can't find that sort of bluntness in the world of pageantry? I think you have some reading to do around CGP!

Heck just look at the back postings of Prfcttimeofday, me, and dugg.......plenty of bluntness! :tongue:

Ain't that the truth. . .and I've got the splinters from the cross to proveit! :-) I think all 3 of us might.

Everyone's a cynic. . .so I have a little quote I live by: "Getting called crazy is the best thing that ever happened to me... It's liberating, because when people think you're crazy, you can do whatever you want."

Don't be afraid to be a little crazy! :tongue:

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay