DCI World Championships to be held indoors, 2009-2013, 2015-2018

The A/C kind of takes some of the fun/challenge out of drum corps. Anyone can perform a 12-minute show in a climate-controlled environment with a roof over their head. It takes real balls to be able to throw down in sunny, muggy mid-August weather.

Lol...speak for yourself. I'll take my dome shows as they come, thank you very much. We get what, 30 shows outside, and 3 inside (most years). Besides, that old turf in the SA dome was vicious. I remember at least 2-3 people falling from every corps before us in 2003 there...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol...speak for yourself. I'll take my dome shows as they come, thank you very much. We get what, 30 shows outside, and 3 inside (most years). Besides, that old turf in the SA dome was vicious. I remember at least 2-3 people falling from every corps before us in 2003 there...

I didn't know there was a turf issue in the alamodome. Last year the field looked incredible! Probably because of the Dallas Cowboys emblem on the 50 yard line. :tongue:

I didn't know there was a turf issue in the alamodome. Last year the field looked incredible! Probably because of the Dallas Cowboys emblem on the 50 yard line. :tongue:

Well, i never fell in it, but it was very thick and spongy. Not impossible to march on, but unlike anything we had felt before..

** files this under "Is it June yet?" **

**checks calendar**

Nope...its actually April 21st. Check back in a few days though...maybe it'll be june then...

Even Georgie is needing it to be June because even he has nothing of value to add.

I have been so hungry to see drum corps that I decided to check out the Crossmen camp this weekend. I was in San Antonio for the weekend and my sister lives like 6 blocks from Ronald Reagan High. I thought I'd sneak out for an hour or so to hear what they were doing. When I got there - they were not there! Turns out they had to use a different school for this weekend only! ######! :tongue:

I have been so hungry to see drum corps that I decided to check out the Crossmen camp this weekend. I was in San Antonio for the weekend and my sister lives like 6 blocks from Ronald Reagan High. I thought I'd sneak out for an hour or so to hear what they were doing. When I got there - they were not there! Turns out they had to use a different school for this weekend only! ######! :tongue:

LOL, that's happened to me a couple times, but mostly for senior corps. I learned to now check the corps' website to see where they are rehearsing.

Protect the field? Is it water-soluble?

Sounds like no: http://hopsblog2.livejournal.com/200277.html

I can see Hoppy's point, but last time I checked he was the one who put the rules on the table to add amplification and electronics to take away from the drumlines supressing the other 'voices' on the field. Now he is concerned about the drums. It's just Hoppy's plug for more electronics to make up for the reverb of the possibility of a closed retractable roof.

ps... Besides Jackson Quarters 1993 and Orlando Quarters 2003 I cannot remember any significant rain, so once again DCPers, lets not put the cart before the horse on another topic that is 16 months away. There are far too many more trolls to be killed between now and then.