Fiedler to SCV!

The direct quote from the press release is, "When I retired from The Cavaliers, I was looking to gain a position with a non- profit in an institutional advancement role."

He's focusing on institutional advancement. That's non-profit speak for a wide umbrella that includes fundraising (primarily and ultimately), marketing, public relations, community relations, government relations, etc. I doubt very much he will be tasked with getting involved in the creative end of things...though the design and instructional staff would be silly not to use him as a consultant.

The tell-tale sign as to how much this position is consultative and symbolic or even ornamental and how much it is actually functional will be whether he actually moves to Northern California.

Hmmnnnnn - January in Chicago vs. January and the San Francisco Bay. I'd be tempted to make the move.....If I could afford a place to stay.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

holy crap! That's pretty awesome...

lol

How is that funny? The bingo operation is very vital to the financial stability of the corps. Guess I missed something?

I was excited when I opened my email earlier today. I think the board is making a smart choice for the further development of the entire Santa Clara Vanguard Organization.

Edited by Feathers Up

well, there ya go.

Drum Corps is indeed a business to many people.

well, there ya go.

Do you mean that in a positive way, or negative? If negative....you have to run an organization as big as drum corps like a business this day in time. If you don't, you fail. There is nothing wrong with that, but when it comes to someone like Jeff, it's not about a money/business decision. It's for the good of the activity/corps. If he is the answer to keep SCV running successfully for another 60, 70 or 100 years, then it's a smart move for all parties involved.

If you meant it positivily, then you're right.....it is a business.....but that's good.

well, there ya go.

Whoa there, brother. Jeff gave 35+ years of his life to the Cavaliers. From being a grunt in the "B" corps, to marching through some of the corps toughest years, to working on staff and finally making it to corps director. This was not just a "business" decision.

Hmmnnnnn - January in Chicago vs. January and the San Francisco Bay. I'd be tempted to make the move.....If I could afford a place to stay.

SF Bay for sure.... but I am biased. It IS very expensive though... unless you live in SacTown or something.

Cool news! I really hope SCV does incredible work with this decision!

Hmmmm...not that I was looking around, but I wonder if he was around camp this weekend.
occ

Why, yes he was around when the announcement was made on Sunday afternoon around 3:00. Most significant "move" for Santa Clara in 25 years. And yes, he will be moving to northern California.

Edited by Moe712002

Cool news! I really hope SCV does incredible work with this decision!

I second that! Good luck Mr. Fiedler! Good luck Vanguard!