Open Brass Positions in Crossmen

I don't know of any in Texas where you don't have to pay anything. Especially with gas prices the way they are. We didn't have to pay to get to football games of course, but places like San Antonio, St Louis, and Indy aren't cheap to get to. Then you add up things like entry fees, uniforms, insturment repair, copywright fees, and the drill writters and music arrangers have to get paid too... It was definitely worth it though.

we did all that and it was only $250 a person....

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the general point is that most corps are independent orginizations and are not affiliated with school systems (at least financially) so they HAVE to raise their own funds. With bands it's more a question of how much community support they recieve.

I don't see how a nationally competitive high school band can go without raising money. The school district provides some, but not nearly the amount needed to cover all that I said earlier.

we did all that and it was only $250 a person....

Really? South Johnston High School went to San Antonio, St louis, and indy every year for 4 years in a row? If that was the case I don't think you would be paying only 250. Otherwise you must have some incredible band boosters

Really? South Johnston High School went to San Antonio, St louis, and indy every year for 4 years in a row? If that was the case I don't think you would be paying only 250. Otherwise you must have some incredible band boosters

considering he went to the school, I'm guessing he'd know how much be paid to march.

~>conner

considering he went to the school, I'm guessing he'd know how much be paid to march.

~>conner

Interesting picture on your post. Sooooo.....you believe that if you concentrate hard enough you can create a tear in the universe and watch Cadets marching their show in the sky?

no, we did to go out of state 3 times though, Virgina, Allentown PA, Myrtle Beach, and a trip to Carowinds..i mean it's not the exact same thing, i don't really want any hostility, i was just making a statement.

We did a buttload of fundrasiers...if we weren't practicing we were fundraising.

Edited by ToferVis

Interesting picture on your post. Sooooo.....you believe that if you concentrate hard enough you can create a tear in the universe and watch Cadets marching their show in the sky?

haha, I'm glad someone finally asked me.

if you ever watched The X-Files, you'd have seen this poster hanging in Mulder's office:

http://data1.blog.de/blog/k/kalpeakatsasta...o%20believe.jpg

nothing fancy... I just copy and pasted a picture of The Cadets over the UFO, and changed the text, all done on paint.

~>conner