Not quite a sponsor question

I'm not really sure where to post this, so I figured, I'd start here and hope the mods let me keep it here. :tongue:

So, like many corps, my corps does a march-a-thon. For this we have to provide a certain number of addresses and fill out the forms to be sent to people letting them know about our march-a-thon and asking them if they would like to sponsor us. With anything along these lines, its not mandatory that just because you receive the letter you provide anything. Well, after a few years of this, I decided I would like to ask the DCP community if anyone would like to participate. For any of you that may be interested in possibly helping out an age out, or, just would like to receive some mail from a DCI world class corps, feel free to PM me your address. I promise, I won't come find you after the season. :tongue: I just would rather send the mail to people that at least know what drum corps is, then bug my family that doesn't care one more time. Any help would be appreciated, and as I said, you should feel no obligation even if you do provide me an address. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me out!

Edited by Iplaytimpani

I'm not really sure where to post this, so I figured, I'd start here and hope the mods let me keep it here. :tongue:

So, like many corps, my corps does a march-a-thon. For this we have to provide a certain number of addresses and fill out the forms to be sent to people letting them know about our march-a-thon and asking them if they would like to sponsor us. With anything along these lines, its not mandatory that just because you receive the letter you provide anything. Well, after a few years of this, I decided I would like to ask the DCP community if anyone would like to participate. For any of you that may be interested in possibly helping out an age out, or, just would like to receive some mail from a DCI world class corps, feel free to PM me your address. I promise, I won't come find you after the season. :tongue: I just would rather send the mail to people that at least know what drum corps is, then bug my family that doesn't care one more time. Any help would be appreciated, and as I said, you should feel no obligation even if you do provide me an address. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me out!

Um...

If you would like to send me your address also for the exact reason stated above, that would be fine as well.

Thanks anyway. Nobody seems to be willing to help, but, I guess it is somewhat understandable to be reluctant to give out your address online. Still hoping for some folks who may be willing! I mean, I'm just the timpanist, how much could I march anyway? :tongue:

Anyone reading this - send me yours and I'll send you mine. Doesn't quite have the same ring as "Show me yours and I'll show you mine." Oh well.

Anyone reading this - send me yours and I'll send you mine. Doesn't quite have the same ring as "Show me yours and I'll show you mine." Oh well.

What's really interesting is when YOU get mail on tour asking for money from other corps (sounds like this will happen...) I know on tour in 2005, I got a fuel-a-thon from a crossmen member. In fact, the YEA mailing lists were so messed up that I saw my own address on 'the list' of people to send them to.