Whatin the world is happening to MEMPHIS

Unbelievable how a few know so much!! Speaking on behalf of Teal Sound, we follow and abide by all the rules DCI has in force. Our members are contracted by April and they can not switch to another corps after that has taken place according to our financial agreement. Also if they owe any money and want to move on to another corps, we do not allow that either as they have already committed to the financial obligations of the corps policy. We stay in contact with the other directors about this and I have had several World Class directors contact me about members of Teal that have wanted to move on to check about their financial responsiblities to our corps. The rules of DCI are enforced and are to be upheld, no matter what division the corps is in.

Edited by randyb

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My personal experiences suggest otherwise. I have been to numerous DCI meetings and I rarely hear them talk about the lower third of DIV I, much less open class. I have talked to more than a few corps directors who wish open class would just go away. Finally, I know from personal experience that some open class corps do not honor those rules that we are speaking of.

Amazing. Everyone claims to be experts on this topic, but when we have actual Open Class directors stating their opinions or facts, we go ahead and tell them that THEY are wrong! I'm going to go ahead and say they have a better idea what they're talking about over someone who's been to a few meetings.

And DCI doesn't care about Open Class? It still exists and has changes each year in the hopes to makie it better, right? Just because they aren't spoken of as much as the World Class corps doesn't mean DCI does not care. Let's put it into this perspective... A parents is on the school board in his or her town, but in most meetings, the parent does not bring up his/her child or even his/her child's school. Does this parent not care about his/her child? Maybe it's not the best example, but it works for me.

So to anyone who thinks DCI doesn't care about Open Class, I offer you these kind words quoted from Tom Brace quoting Dan Acheson, "Just let it go."

I think we all have a pretty good idea at the topic that was hand, and the opinions (both pro and con) that have risen from the topic, as well as the stance on a number of other organizations on the issue. As this thread is now gearing a major topic shift, I feel that it is time to... "let it go" before things begin to get out of hand.

We have heard in a number of other threads how folks in the open class (div 2/3) community thinks how DCI looks at it. So I invite you to look those up with our search function.

You may PM myself or any of our other FST members for questions or concerns.

With that in mind...

Topic Closed