Whatin the world is happening to MEMPHIS

Man talk about a disappointment, i have to say the way Mempho 08 is goin is a huge embarrasment. As a fan of memphis sound I was very uneasy to see their staff from last year leave. then they made Pam opie the director which made me even sicker, because i mean c'mon its like hiring a band mom as director. Anyways since memphis's perc. staff and visual staff has left I am totally sick about the way they are going. I am embarrased to say that I ever respected or liked their organization. No offense to anyone who has marched there in the past, but what pam opie has done this year is a disaster to anyone who ever like memphis sound

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man talk about a disappointment, i have to say the way Mempho 08 is goin is a huge embarrasment. As a fan of memphis sound I was very uneasy to see their staff from last year leave. then they made Pam opie the director which made me even sicker, because i mean c'mon its like hiring a band mom as director. Anyways since memphis's perc. staff and visual staff has left I am totally sick about the way they are going. I am embarrased to say that I ever respected or liked their organization. No offense to anyone who has marched there in the past, but what pam opie has done this year is a disaster to anyone who ever like memphis sound

Seriously? Was this even necessary? Bitter that you got cut?

Man talk about a disappointment,

Dirty laundry is often best left in the hamper.

Pam Opie is probably one of the best things to happen to this corps. She personally has held them together this year because of her care of the kids and the organization.

And you really should get your facts straight before coming on this board...not the entire visual and percussion staff left. Some of them have chosen to stay and pursue making Memphis Sound a great experience for all the kids involved.

At Memphis Sound, the education and experience for the kids is what is being taught by the staff. Egos have no room in this organization. As a staff you learn to work together and create the best experience for the members. When the kids see the staff work together, they too work as a team to achieve the creative and educational process.

In actuality, the numbers for Memphis Sound are actually up. There is a strong brass staff in place and for the first time in many years, the guard is over 20 members not too mention the percussion section is full.

DCI is standing behind Memphis Sound to make sure they are getting what they need to be successful. Not too mention, the corps directors from several other corps are offering their help and expertise to Pam to make sure that she succeeds as well.

Go get them Mempo!

Pam Opie is probably one of the best things to happen to this corps. She personally has held them together this year because of her care of the kids and the organization.

And you really should get your facts straight before coming on this board...not the entire visual and percussion staff left. Some of them have chosen to stay and pursue making Memphis Sound a great experience for all the kids involved.

At Memphis Sound, the education and experience for the kids is what is being taught by the staff. Egos have no room in this organization. As a staff you learn to work together and create the best experience for the members. When the kids see the staff work together, they too work as a team to achieve the creative and educational process.

In actuality, the numbers for Memphis Sound are actually up. There is a strong brass staff in place and for the first time in many years, the guard is over 20 members not too mention the percussion section is full.

DCI is standing behind Memphis Sound to make sure they are getting what they need to be successful. Not too mention, the corps directors from several other corps are offering their help and expertise to Pam to make sure that she succeeds as well.

Go get them Mempo!

obviously you are unaware that a lot of vets in the percussion left and some in the brass

obviously you are unaware that a lot of vets in the percussion left and some in the brass

Obviously the Memphis Sound staff member is unaware.

And obviously Pam Opie ###### in your Wheaties somewhere along the line.

Go get them Mempo!

She may have held the corps together, but going through multiple caption heads in multiple sections in one off-season is incredulous. I understand Memphis has had a lot of trouble keeping the director spot held down... I do not blame Mr. Feagin or his predecessor (whose name escapes me-- not Moore) for stepping down- they are young and have their educations to watch after (I was informed Andre left because of schooling on the coast), though I feel the board should have been more careful in hiring such young men. I do not know why the man they hired (Corey?) stepped down, but if they cannot hold a staff constant, they will not maintain the corps as an entity, which breaks my heart because I have strong ties to the corps.

Strong brass staff for the first time in many years? I politely beg to differ saying that they have had a very professional and strong brass staff for most of their functioning seasons. And yes, as previously stated, vets have left.

I have nothing against Pam Opie, but the general management of the corps is not of high quality (and that could be the fault of the Board of Directors), which may or may not be her fault. However, as the prime head of the corps, she is going to receive the brunt of scrutiny.

To say she is the best thing to happen to the corps is hyperbole. To happen to the '08 corps? It's a stretch. I applaud her efforts, but something that's going on behind the scenes needs to change- for the better.

one question.... have YOU any of YOU ever been involved in the corps? those who have would know what pam has done. plus what happens within a corps is no one's business but the corps. memphis sound was in worse situations last year and what do u know they have a world championship title.

plus what happens within a corps is no one's business but the corps. memphis sound was in worse situations last year and what do u know they have a world championship title.

a. perhaps you're right... UNTIL organization insiders start airing their dirty laundry in a public forum.

b. a championship title does not a solid organization make.