1981 and 1980 Prelims

Hello,

Trying to get some info for a friend of mine.

Question is did DCI make videos of prelims back then? I know there was a problem with 81 being Canada not letting them bring videos equipment or something but what about '80?

My friend has audio already (Top 20 at least) for those years and asked me to mention it here.

Anyone?? help??

Thx

JP

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watch ebay like a hawk, and marched 81 and don't remember ever hearing of or seeing these in video. Back then there were around 40 plus corps in prelims, so I doubt they would have spent the cash to film them all. Maybe somebodies parents or staff of some corps did their own video? If you find this stuff keep us updated.

There are videos of prelims from 1980 out there. Quality is very grainy, but they do exist!

Yes indeed, there are prelims from 1980. High camera, and I have them. I also have six individual corps performances that were $29 each from 1981 Whitewater, including Freelancers. From 800-Video express when they were going out of business.

~G~

There are videos of prelims from 1980 out there. Quality is very grainy, but they do exist!

Yup! Keep in mind that it wasn't all the corps. I believe it might have been the top 16 or so.

Edited by byline

Yes indeed, there are prelims from 1980. High camera, and I have them. I also have six individual corps performances that were $29 each from 1981 Whitewater, including Freelancers. From 800-Video express when they were going out of business.

~G~

I would be very interested to get a recording of the 1980 SCV at prelims. Also, any SCV from '79 or '80 would be awesome. I don't have that many mementos from that era. Please PM your info to me.

The only thing I have is the audio recordings (I actually have Volumes 4-5 from 72-83 and 4-6 from 84-present) Of course they sold Top 12 Sets on CD so I was talking about corps that didnt make finals

Still searching for Video though. Tough

JP

I would be very interested to get a recording of the 1980 SCV at prelims. Also, any SCV from '79 or '80 would be awesome. I don't have that many mementos from that era. Please PM your info to me.

I have a Madison Scouts historical 3-VHS set that has their 1981 prelim performance from McGill - high angle, Madison only. They (Scouts) may still be selling this, I got mine in '06. Wish it was on DVD though.

Just checked website and don't see this. It is a cool set, goes back to the 40s and 50s even with video.