Frontier Drum & Bugle Corps of Denton, Texas

Reflecting on this past weekend, well...............could almost bring me to tears.

With this Mars-like weather y'all (chuckle) have around here, the positive attitudes, effort & all around teamwork I've seen and participated in this weekend has been nothing short of world-class.

I can't describe how much fun I've been having this season as a member of this drum corps, the friends I've made, all we've accomplished, and being straight up KILLED with KINDESS at every turn, well...................makes it almost impossible to return to California, even for a short time.

(Incidentally, returning to California is a bit harder literally since I fell asleep at the gate last night and missed my flight, and am remaining until tomorrow morning. Getting a standby flight on the day after Memorial Day is next to impossible.........)

I can't wait to see the looks on the faces of the spectators in Rochester this year after we've pimp-slapped them. These people have NO IDEA what's coming!

I love you all, and will miss you all terribly until my return.

Sincerely,

Richard G. Skare, Esq.

P.S. MELLO POWER!!!!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rich, I personally can't wait to see you guys this year. Also, I have a buddy that lives in Denton that marched with me back in the day. I have tried to get him to go check you guys out, but he is 'on the fence'.

I will keep trying!

Edited by LegendBattery

Thanks, and definitely keep trying ;)

This was by far the most fun I've had on a Memorial Day weekend. We busted our ### and really made a lot of headway. Really getting excited about the season :)

Rich,

It's been great having you join us this year. Though, it would have been great having both Skare brothers on the low end. But, after hearing your solo on mello at the last camp... Yeah, I think you're in the spot you need to be.

And if you think it's hot NOW... Just wait for summer to really kick in. We'll save you a spot in the shade, though.

:sigh:

Not to diss our friends to the south, but is what I'm reading accurate?

RICH SKARE'S PLAYING MELLOPHONE?!!!

OK, I understand he's a talented individual..(HAH! :sigh:) But OMG !!

He's not playing Contra !! Now THIS I'll have to see..

Waiting for the big guy and the rest of the Frontier gang to come up for the St. Peter / So. St. Paul weekend.. :laughing:

Hey Rich!! Now we can have that beer at Patrick's! I'll get the first one :tongue:

Pat

Reflecting on this past weekend, well...............could almost bring me to tears.

With this Mars-like weather y'all (chuckle) have around here, the positive attitudes, effort & all around teamwork I've seen and participated in this weekend has been nothing short of world-class.

I can't describe how much fun I've been having this season as a member of this drum corps, the friends I've made, all we've accomplished, and being straight up KILLED with KINDESS at every turn, well...................makes it almost impossible to return to California, even for a short time.

(Incidentally, returning to California is a bit harder literally since I fell asleep at the gate last night and missed my flight, and am remaining until tomorrow morning. Getting a standby flight on the day after Memorial Day is next to impossible.........)

I can't wait to see the looks on the faces of the spectators in Rochester this year after we've pimp-slapped them. These people have NO IDEA what's coming!

I love you all, and will miss you all terribly until my return.

Sincerely,

Richard G. Skare, Esq.

P.S. MELLO POWER!!!!

MELLO/ POWER IS A REDUNDANT PHRASE..... RICH (I stomp that :sigh: ) Cya next to the dumpster for a smoke in RaChaCha :laughing:

He;'s not just playing mello, he's also kicking butt on a solo in the closer.

Two Skares in one corps... WOOHOO!!

Our mello line is really kicking tail, can't wait to show them off in the middle of the opener *EG*

I think of Ft. Worth...uh, Denton a lot.

Never thought of Rich on mello. 'Dis I gotta see.

Best of luck, Frontier!