Drum corps curses...?

Lets see... I would say with my former corps, there seems to be this "semi" curse... meaning that the corps (since 1999) would always max out at semis (the 2nd to last show).

Coast Guard Open was a curse in itself when I was marching.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The MOJO thing isn't a curse, it's a superstition.

A curse is something you can't really do anything about, like the Chicago Cubs curse of the goat, or Philadelphia sports teams' curse of the William Penn statue.

DCI has a curse though. When Star of Indiana left, they put a curse on DCI and so no new corps has won a championship since.

Boston Crusaders were cursed until 1999 when they finally made Finals. Nowadays we wouldn't call the inability to make Finals a curse. We'd call it "it's too tough to move up in this activity".

Now noone whos an old "Bones" will respond to this thread. :tongue:

Thank you for saying what I WON'T

Someone in St. Kevin's Emerald Knights stepped over the side-line at the National Championsips while the corps was playing, "This Is Worth Fighting For!" The penalty received cost them the championship. :tongue:

Edited by dancingfrog

DCI has a curse though. When Star of Indiana left, they put a curse on DCI and so no new corps has won a championship since.

No new corps as in no new champion, or no brand new corps can win? If the former, what about Phantom?

No corps that has appeared on the cover of Sports Illustrated has even won the championship.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a Spirit of NJ curse to all drum corps that give us problems LOL Our curse has caused corps to fold is the legend.

If you are looking Phil (old bones), Harold and ISaac say you can explain this better than me LOL