Which Version is better?

Which Version is better?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. SCV 1988 or 1989???

• 1988 ( Solos are better )
    • 1989 ( I love the masks )

So, SCV 1989 gets much more love on here because it's been on the Classic Countdown a bit. I was wondering, which version do you like better?

I personally prefer '88 because the theatrics were much better with the co-ed guard and the solos were better. The co-ed guard is really expressive with a great book.

I am really distracted by the two holes in I see in the drill in the 1989 version, but those masks are bad a**. The all-female guard is hot!

Which on do you like and why? :tongue:

Edited by jjeffeory

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

89 flows better. 88 has nothing on 89 in my opinion

I'm confused on this poll. Are the "solos are better" and "I love the masks" the reason for voting for these years or just the posters opinion?

I'm confused on this poll. Are the "solos are better" and "I love the masks" the reason for voting for these years or just the posters opinion?

Poster's silly interjection and opinion. You vote, then write down the reason for your choice!

So, SCV 1989 gets much more love on here because it's been on the Classic Countdown a bit. I was wondering, which version do you like better?

I personally prefer '88 because the theatrics were much better with the co-ed guard and the solos were better. The co-ed guard is really expressive with a great book.

I am really distracted by the two holes in I see in the drill in the 1989 version, but those masks are bad a**. The all-female guard is hot!

The guard is MUCH better in 1989.

Although the 1988 theatrics and the co-ed guard looks great on tape, I loved the work of the visual guys from Union High of Oklahoma. To me the guard and package of 1989 seemed tighter and had the appearance of a true champion that year.

88. It seemed more emotional, and the 89 masks eliminate the personal touch that's important to me.

This just occurred to me. ’88 version is winning 17 to 9 versus ’89. Many to most of the current marching members are out with their corps right now. Those people are more likely to have only seen the ’89 version on the “classic countdown”. I wonder if they would have skewed the poll the other way around? I have seen informal opinions on here that clearly favor the ’89 version, but this poll is producing the opposite effect so far…

Food for thought…

The '88 show should have won and didn't. The championship in '89 was a "gimme" win to make up for '88.

That's my conspiracy theory and I'm stickin' to it! :tongue: