17 days till opening day...

So far - Dallas & Denton (Frontier is performing, so of course I will be there), San Antonio... and looking like I will be there for Finals as the special guest for a corps, so looking forward to that.

Probably a few more shows here and there, depending on a few factors

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Milton, GA (July 10) - Only chance to see (and HEAR) the corps in metro Atlanta in the great outdoors, the way the good Lord intended. :)

Fort Walton Beach, FL (July 14) - Drum corps and one of the country's most beautiful beaches. Just doesn't get any better!

Atlanta, GA (July 25) - Staffing the show as a volunteer.

Jacksonville, AL (July 26) - Great stadium, great lineup, and just 90 minutes from Atlanta.

Finals week in Bloomington. (Will be my 32nd DCI finals!)

June 22 - Stillwater, MN

August 9 - Bloomington, IN - FINALS!

Milton, GA (July 10) - Only chance to see (and HEAR) the corps in metro Atlanta in the great outdoors, the way the good Lord intended. :)

Fort Walton Beach, FL (July 14) - Drum corps and one of the country's most beautiful beaches. Just doesn't get any better!

Atlanta, GA (July 25) - Staffing the show as a volunteer.

Jacksonville, AL (July 26) - Great stadium, great lineup, and just 90 minutes from Atlanta.

Finals week in Bloomington. (Will be my 32nd DCI finals!)

There are two DCA shows within Metro Atlanta (ones in Alpheretta and ones in Douglasville)

Right now, only DCI Orlando.

My trip to Finals fell through a while back, then my trip to Atlanta for the regional had to be scrapped a couple weeks ago. :thumbup:

There are two DCA shows within Metro Atlanta (ones in Alpheretta and ones in Douglasville)

Maybe so, but seeing as how this thread is in the "DCI World Class Corps Discussion," and was about which DCI shows folks would be attending, when I said that the Milton show was the only chance to see "the corps" outdoors in metro Atlanta, I was referring to DCI corps, not DCA corps. And Milton IS the only place to see DCI corps outdoors in metro Atlanta this year.

Richmond, KY maybe.

Columbia, SC maybe.

Sevierville, TN.

Semi-finals at Bloomington maybe.

Forgot to add -

Charlotte, NC big MAYBE. I really have issues with this show though. With so few 'other' shows in the Carolinas left this show draws such a huge crowd and it's hard to move around the stadium. Further, the token system for buying concessions here is cumbersome and stupid.

There is no real solution for improving the facilities at Charlotte but if we could get DCI shows back in upstate South Carolina, Winston-Salem, NC, and the Raleigh/Durham area, it would really draw some of the stress away from Nightbeat.

Forgot to add -

Charlotte, NC big MAYBE. I really have issues with this show though. With so few 'other' shows in the Carolinas left this show draws such a huge crowd and it's hard to move around the stadium. Further, the token system for buying concessions here is cumbersome and stupid.

There is no real solution for improving the facilities at Charlotte but if we could get DCI shows back in upstate South Carolina, Winston-Salem, NC, and the Raleigh/Durham area, it would really draw some of the stress away from Nightbeat.

I've got no problem with the Charlotte show--it tends to be packed, but that's no different from attending a sold-out sporting event or something. I agree the tokens are cumbersome, but I see why they do it. Still, I'd love to see a show back in either of the places you mentioned, especially W-S (I'm in Greensboro). I made the trip to Benson in the Triangle last year for CrownBEAT--they need to keep that as a third show and rotate it throughout the Carolinas, IMO.