The Official 2008 Madison Scouts Discussion Thread

Great show last night or yesterday (i wish they would have gone on during the night but don't we all) this show stood out in my mind way into the night show. keep cleaning very much so one of my favorites of the night. Go Scouts!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Linda, there are ways to handle this issue; such as cut the shirt from the pants and replace with a different shirt...it's been done many times before by many groups. You can also dye the shirt using rit (or another fabric) dye...but your most important point is correct; there are always a lot of "wannabe staff members" on this forum. You should all trust as fans of the Scouts that the current staff has been hired for a reason; because of their knowlege and judgements made in the activity based on their experience and past results. If you are constantly questioning or trying to correct the ideas of the current staff (ie: suggesting changing flag designs), maybe you should email a teaching/design resume to Dann so that you can be on the staff list next year. I always get the impression that Scouts fans/alum are NEVER satisfied...based on their own postings on this forum. Best of luck to the Madison Scouts.

Cop's offer to buy a new set of silks for the Guard should be forwarded on for their consideration. If the cost factor is taken away, would staff consider something different? No way to know unless the offer is firmly on the table. Personally, I'd rather see funds used to buy another jacket for the guard to put on after the black jacket is taken off, one with more color and that eliminates the need for the white shirts to be exposed. If the silks or jackets aren't needed, then perhaps Cop would be willing to send the same amount of funds along to help with the fuel fund, and issue a challenge here on DCP for some others to do the same.

GO SCOUTS!!!!!

Edited by Linda Slocum

You are totally missing my point. I can care less about GE. I know that the Scouts GE has been low. I have two questions you need to answer me so that I know that you are a fair-minded person.

1. When one judge scores a percussion line at 4th and another judge at 11th, is one judge wrong?

2. Did the Mandarins outplay the Scouts in percussion in San Antonio?

Your reputation is on the line. We want to see some honesty. ( :laughing: ) (sarcasm)

Wow....such pressure. The second question most likely provides the answer for the first. No, I do not believe Mandarins performed better than Scouts in San Antonio, so hence, Prosperie gave at least one place too low. So, that makes Prosperie wrong.

I know that some people might not think it is a big deal, but this late in the year I would have thought that the whole line would all be doing the visuals at the right time. There are two times in the Vic Firth clip that the snares don't have it together. The first one is after the snare break - only the three snares on the right end do a stick wave, and at the very end when the snares go to tighten their ties, it's a mess. Some do it, some don't. I know San Antonio was last week, and at the start of the season people got all upset when I mentioned that the stick heights weren't together, but I woudn't want them to have mental errors during the visuals turn into mental errors in their playing that hurt their performance and scores.

I blame all of this on Jeff Prosperie.

The scouts straight up wowed me last night, yeah they didn't make the night show, but they are not only close to making the finals, but they are getting close to 11th and so on...now I dont care about scores and placement because this show is hardcore sick, but I want to see the scouts get the recognition they deserve and I am betting they will!

Interesting that everyone picks on colorguard and percussion, but no mention of brass here... They aren't clean either, and it's time for them to make their move as well. Here's a trending of the scores from Dallas to Atlanta:

TrendThruAtl.jpg

The best brass solo that I heard yesterday was from the guy at Pioneer. Madison's solos definitely need help, and the brass is not clean in sections with missed notes and fracks. Some of these are early in the show, so the guys should not be gasping for air at that point.

I'm hoping that the guys are just po'd enough to work on these easily correctable flaws in the show. If these 3 scores improve, then the other scores should follow.

IMHO, both Xmen and Gmen can be caught and passed scores-wise to assure a Top 12 position for Madison at Bloomington, and it is certainly not up to just the guard and percussion to make this happen.

GO SCOUTS!!!!!

Edited by Linda Slocum

MJN,

As far a ATL. show go's they changed the drill on all the battery Friday so they may have not been ready for the visual stuff Sat. Not making any excuse's mind you , just giving you the reason. If you notice from about midway of the drum solo to the end is very differant drill wise.

Bill

GO SCOUTS !

Bill - the stuff I was talking about is on the Vic Firth site when they are warming up under a bridge. Just playing - no marching from San Antonio

http://www.vicfirth.com/features/DCI2008.html

I blame all of this on Jeff Prosperie.

TB - I was sure you would have someone to blame :laughing:

Interesting that everyone picks on colorguard and percussion, but no mention of brass here... They aren't clean either, and it's time for them to make their move as well. Here's a trending of the scores from Dallas to Atlanta:

TrendThruAtl.jpg

The best brass solo that I heard yesterday was from the guy at Pioneer. Madison's solos definitely need help, and the brass is not clean in sections with missed notes and fracks. Some of these are early in the show, so the guys should not be gasping for air at that point.

I'm hoping that the guys are just po'd enough to work on these easily correctable flaws in the show. If these 3 scores improve, then the other scores should follow.

IMHO, both Xmen and Gmen can be caught and passed scores-wise to assure a Top 12 position for Madison at Bloomington, and it is certainly not up to just the guard and percussion to make this happen.

GO SCOUTS!!!!!

Linda,

Take a deep breath..........now hold it.............hold it..........................hold it...........................................hold it...........................................................................

Linda,

Take a deep breath..........now hold it.............hold it..........................hold it...........................................hold it...........................................................................

No need... my son's on colorguard, so he doesn't have to hold long notes! Are you saying I should hold my breath til I turn green? :tongue:

BTW, Xmen dropped to 79.7 tonight while other scores remained fairly consistent. Wonder what happened?

Edited by Linda Slocum