The Official 2008 Madison Scouts Discussion Thread

Wow... :blink:

oh yeah...Go Scouts!

no....what you wrote is the most meaningless statement. But, hey. Thanks for playing!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, I don't like needless cheerleading for the sake of cheerleading.

GO SCOUTS!!!

:blink:

I do.

GO SCOUTS!

But seriously, does the crowd dig the show?

Are they getting value for their dollar?

Are the kids improving as musicians, performers and citizens of the world?

Is this a valuable life experience to them?

Is the organization, as a whole, progressing along a clearly delineated line of planning and financial viability?

Is the organization better off this year than last year?

If the answers to these questions are yes, then the corps is having a successful year.

GO SCOUTS!

Edited by Roark1

I'm all for senseless cheerleading as well! It truly doesn't matter what "outsiders" think... we, as parents, fans, alums, friends, family, etc have the right to cheer for and support the Men of Madison.

:doh::blink::doh::poke::blink::doh:

GO SCOUTS!!!!

Is anyone going to be in Dallas tonight (for real this time!?) - I'd love to hear a first-hand account.

Sure will be tuning in Saturday night via the Fan Network for the big showdown in San Antonio.

Go Scouts!! :blink:

Cymbalmom

Is anyone going to be in Dallas tonight (for real this time!?) - I'd love to hear a first-hand account.

Sure will be tuning in Saturday night via the Fan Network for the big showdown in San Antonio.

Go Scouts!! :blink:

Cymbalmom

Hey Cymbalmom......

Per your on-line name would I assume correctly you might know what happened to Madison's 6th Plate?

Hey Cymbalmom......

Per your on-line name would I assume correctly you might know what happened to Madison's 6th Plate?

Yes, my son said he quit and went home right before the Cedarburg show (not injured); they had to re-write a fair bit of drill to fill the hole. The cymbal line is a very tight group and seem to be working very well together - tons of discipline. Their tech. (Pepper) works them hard (lots of pull ups on the scaffolding, push-ups, crunches for conditioning) but also rewards them for outstanding work. I saw my son in Kalamazoo and at the point he was very proud of a 1/2 ring she gave the section leader and him for outstanding work. I guess they can work hard to earn the other 1/2 - it's a fleur de lis when it gets put together I think.

That's as much as I've gotten.

Cymbalmom

Yes, my son said he quit and went home right before the Cedarburg show (not injured); they had to re-write a fair bit of drill to fill the hole. The cymbal line is a very tight group and seem to be working very well together - tons of discipline. Their tech. (Pepper) works them hard (lots of pull ups on the scaffolding, push-ups, crunches for conditioning) but also rewards them for outstanding work. I saw my son in Kalamazoo and at the point he was very proud of a 1/2 ring she gave the section leader and him for outstanding work. I guess they can work hard to earn the other 1/2 - it's a fleur de lis when it gets put together I think.

That's as much as I've gotten.

Cymbalmom

I introduced myself to 5 of the guys that were present at the first show (exhibition) in Middleton. This was right after they had participated in the video clip that was done for "Fan Network". I did my best to remember their Section names. I think, Fatty-McDaddy from Lansing MI, Fruit-Cup from El Passo TX, Matt from Appleton WI, Asian-Dave from Minneapolis MN and Smalls from Racine WI. I commended them on what a fine job they're doing this summer and that they would certainly make Mark Musolf, former section leader who's now deceased, extremely proud of their accomplishments!

Let me get this straight. You're telling me that TALENT LEVEL, DEPTH OF DESIGN, AND TRAINING, have nothing to with a performance on a given night? Do you really mean that?

:blink: I cant' help myself. They do have something to do with a performance on a given night, but not the judges' interpretation, analysis and scoring of the show. :doh::blink:

:blink: I cant' help myself. They do have something to do with a performance on a given night, but not the judges' interpretation, analysis and scoring of the show. :doh::blink:

How can the level of talent, degree of training, and depth of design NOT play a role in the analysis and scoring of a show? :doh:

Edited by oldtimedrummer