Furlano Brothers

This may seem like an odd question, but I remember a few years ago an amazing drum major for Blue Stars with the last name Furlano. He was one of the best drum majors I have seen, and I seem to recall he had an older brother that may have been a drum major too. I also seem to recall a director for Blue Stars was also a Furlano. I can't remember all the first names, but were there 3(or more) brothers, or are they all even related? And were they all drum majors, as I seem to recall someone mentioning there were 3 of them who were brothers? Is this a record for most drum majors from one household?

I briefly remember speaking to one of them, the one who marched in the early 2000's(I think he aged out in 02 or 03). Seemed like a super nice guy, as well as being one of the best drum majors in DCI.

Yes, there are several. Brad Furlano is the executive director of the Blue Stars and a fantastic person. Bruce is on the BOD of the Blue Stars. This was after my time with the corps so I'm going to shoot brad an email and maybe he'll respond personally.

Edited by bearz

I could be wrong, but I am thinking the one I met was a Brendan, or Brandon? I haven't had a chance to dig up my old programs since I moved, and I am horrible with names.

I could be wrong, but I am thinking the one I met was a Brendan, or Brandon? I haven't had a chance to dig up my old programs since I moved, and I am horrible with names.

From oldest to youngest.

Brian, Brent, Brad, Bruce and Brandon. Brian played Sop, Brent was Snare, Brad was always DM Bruce was a sop and DM (I think) Brandon was Pit but I was long gone by that time. It's been years since I first met the family...1984

So there were 5 brothers and they all marched Blue Stars? Awesome. It's great to see such family loyalty in a corps. I think that says wonders for the Blue Star organization.

There were 41 brothers , but only 5 marched with the Blue Stars.

Bailey, Baker, Baldwin,Bancroft,Barack, Barclay, Bando, Barnaby, Barnard, Bernard, Baron, Barry, Bart, Ben, Beowulf, Bert, Billy, Bing, Biron, Bjorn, Blaine, Blake, Boone, Boyd, Brady, Bram, Brant, Brett, Brice, Brock, Brody, Brook, Bronson, Byron, Buck, and Butch all were fine sons but did not march.

Brian, Brent, Brad,Bruce and Brandon did.

Mr. and Mrs. Furlano were proud of all of them,.....when they found the time.

The DM's where Brad, Bruce and Brandon. I forgot the years for each one but Bruce was DM in 97 and Brandon DM 99.

Mike Boo... you need to do a story on them.

I emailed Mike about another family with a ton of corps experience. Perhaps he could do a whole big article on a number of drumcorps "deep" families.

I emailed Mike about another family with a ton of corps experience. Perhaps he could do a whole big article on a number of drumcorps "deep" families.

Yeah...didnt the Madison Scouts have a similar thing with the Feenys?