Blue Stars

The Blue Stars and in need of two college aged interns to help with tour, run errands, push marimbas when needed, help build props, grocery and clinic runs, and basically be the hands and feet that the corps director and tour manager need on tour.

You get to see all of the behind the scenes activity and help the management team with the daily operations of the corps, along with being front and center with the drum corps at all of our competitions.

Two weeks minimum on tour please, a month would be fantastic.

This is a great opportunity for a music education student to watch how a world class drum corps gets down the road.

They can use this experience on their resumes and will be given letters of recommendation after the summer, along with a summer stipend.

Please have them call me directly at 608-738-2469

Thanks

interesting how it is worded now...when i looked into this great opportunity to see how a drum corps was run a few years ago all it said was:

You get to see all of the behind the scenes activity and help the management team with the daily operations of the corps, along with being front and center with the drum corps at all of our competitions.

i was told by the contact person basically the position was you drive the staff vehicle each night, at least now they explain you are a gopher and lackey. :ninja:

interesting how it is worded now...when i looked into this great opportunity to see how a drum corps was run a few years ago all it said was:

i was told by the contact person basically the position was you drive the staff vehicle each night, at least now they explain you are a gopher and lackey. :ninja:

I apologize for having to be the first one to bring you in on the reality of a quality organization (regardless of drum corps, marching band, corporation, etc. ), but....everyone serve's the organization...in any way they can, from performing, to volunteering, to being an intern, etc. If you are in the right place, in the drum corps (or in life), then the hardest work is fun, energizing, and rewarding.

create peace,

Brent

Gopher and Lackey? Sorry, I disagree.

I've been a volunteer on tour for three summers, and the interns that I've had the privilege to know are hardly gophers and lackeys. While their peers are practicing for 15 hours, these individuals provide invaluable assistance. It's definitely not a nine-to-five position- when the corps stops in a town, these young people are helping non-stop.

Maybe they are sitting at urgent care with hurt members, or driving staff to and from the nearest airport.

Those "gopher" activities are, like Brent said, part of serving the organization. Responsible interns are vital to keep the convoy going.

Maybe Eric should have qualified these positions, asking for energetic, enthusiastic, and motivated people. Age isn't really important, but young music majors may want the opportunity to experience the "behind the scenes". If you have the attitude that you are going to be a mini-corps director, or a gopher, don't bother calling.

They can use this experience on their resumes and will be given letters of recommendation after the summer, along with a summer stipend.

Thanks

Even if they do a bad job? Hahaha!!!