Season X Discussion

That's awful. If you need NMP for anything let us know. Our kids really enjoy competiting with you guys, looking foward to the rematch tonight.

Thanks for the offer! Our corps should get together for ice cream after the show tonight. We've been so close in competition this year. Looking back at the scores I realized Nastalgia Vanguard was at the East Lansing show where we earned our first win of the season. We earned the gold and you guys the silver both then and at the show last night... I smell a friendly rivalry brewing here!

Edited by Chris Rohn

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will go with what NMP said, if you need anything, Minnesota Madness will do what we can to help your coprs out! Tonight should be an excellent compeition. I know our corps is looking forward to it and they are also enjoying their first season on tour. I think this is our first look at Nastalgia Vanguard tonight as well. Wow, what a great day for drum corps!!!!!! :ph34r:

Thanks for the offer! Our corps should get together for ice cream after the show tonight. We've been so close in competition this year. Looking back at the scores I realized Nastalgia Vanguard was at the East Lansing show where we earned our first win of the season. We earned the gold and you guys the silver both then and at the show last night... I smell a friendly rivalry brewing here!

Wow,we need to strengthen our show,majorly.

Well I just got back from the rainout in Columbis, SC. What a waste of a day. It was nice to see those corps though. Colts really did awesome through the thunder and rain. But anways.

Sorry about not getting standings up today...its been crazy. But I'm going on another trip starting tomorrow. I was hoping to get good internet access but I'm not sure if I will be able to. So I'm not sure if ill be able to get on and update much. So I apologize ahead of time.

Good luck to everyone this weekend and be ready for some better scores from the SMO corps once I return.

Well I just got back from the rainout in Columbis, SC. What a waste of a day. It was nice to see those corps though. Colts really did awesome through the thunder and rain. But anways.

Sorry about not getting standings up today...its been crazy. But I'm going on another trip starting tomorrow. I was hoping to get good internet access but I'm not sure if I will be able to. So I'm not sure if ill be able to get on and update much. So I apologize ahead of time.

Good luck to everyone this weekend and be ready for some better scores from the SMO corps once I return.

Awwww...we would have the top spot too atleast for one night...bummer...no big deal. Appreciate you keeping the rankings going.

I am afraid the same rain thing is going to happen in Alpharetta tomorrow night too.... would be my chance to see first show.. :tongue:

Awwww...we would have the top spot too atleast for one night...bummer...no big deal. Appreciate you keeping the rankings going.

I am afraid the same rain thing is going to happen in Alpharetta tomorrow night too.... would be my chance to see first show.. :tongue:

Well there you go. Rankings are up through the 7/8/08 scores and Star of Jupiter is in first.

The Corps of Unspecified Identity earned the gold for a second night in a row at the Louisville show, placing ahead of DCP-I powerhouse corps Shadow (3rd, 82.128) and Nastalgia Vanguard (4th[tie], 81.997), as well as Minnesota Madness, who earned the silver with a score of 82.456. Unspecified won the GE caption and had a final score of 82.627, a second consecutive score increase of over one point. Baton Rouge Thunder (4th[tie], 81.997) also placed in the top five.

"We have an excellent design team here that pays attention to the smallest of details," said Chris Rohn, director of The Corps of Unspecified Identity. "While other corps continue to make major changes in their programs, we have been cleaning the show as designed. It's been over a week since we have made any major tweaks to the program."

This was the first time Unspecified competed head-to-head with Shadow, the DCP-I 8 rookie corps who won the championship to the surprise of many. They have been a powerhouse ever since. Their DCP-I 10 program, "Beware of Shadow," features extremely dark music including Symphonie Fantastique, Dies Irae, O Fortuna and Ionisation. While performed exceptionally well in Louisville, they weren't able to match the intensity of Unspecified's extremely abstract program featuring the music of John Cage.

"We are considering some additions to the program, but we're keeping most under wraps. Our arranger is trying to convince me to add a modified piano to the front ensemble," added Rohn. "The logistics of touring with that seem to be a little over the top to me, but we're looking into working out those details."

As expected, the audience in Louisville was not happy with the competitive results. Minnesota Madness tore up the field with their all Chick Corea show, which features Celebration Suite, La Fiesta, Day Danse, Night Streets and One More Time. When the corps was announced with the silver, the crowd erupted in disapproval over the Unspecified win.

"I heard that unspecified corps was strange, and that they were winning shows," said George Richmond of Shively. "I had no idea their show would be THAT weird. There's no way that program should be winning anything."

Jessica Farnsworth of Highland Park was one of the few who was happy with the results.

"What The Corps of Unspecified Identity is doing, its simply phenomenal," she said. "I loved their Plaster and Plywood show last year when they were the Gypsum Board Brigade sponsored by WALL MART, and the John Cage show takes their abstract direction to the extreme. There has never been anything like it."

The corps was struck by vandals who damaged their bus tires yesterday before the show, but they were repaired during the show and the corps was headed to Evansville, Illinois on time for tonight's show. On Friday, they will perform in St Peters, Missouri before heading to Kansas City for Saturday's huge Division I regional.

Wow, what a great show last night! I thought we would pull out the W for our 2nd victory of the season but we came up just short. I am sensing a little rivalary between The Corps of Unspecified Identity and Minnesota Madness. That past few shows between these two corps have been uber close with The Corps of Unspecified Identity, I think, taking both shows in front of my Minnesota Madness.

I'm glad to hear the crowd is enjoying our show but The Corps of Unspecified Identity deserved the gold medal tonight. They are on fire and performing really well. Congrats to your corps. This should be a very interesting rest of the week heading into the regional in Kansas City.

I know we have a few rehearsal days this week so hopefully we can clean our show to finally take the gold and stop the winning streak of The Corps of Unspecified Identity. The corps is very excited!

The real story of the day should be Revelation... 83.660... holysmokes! :tongue: