Class A in Rochester & Waterloo

What I really wanted to address was the comment about the judging sheets. You seem to be implying that there should be 2 different judging systems - one for A Class and one for Open.

:blink: Did I imply that? Oops... I should clarify that: I LIKE having the same judging sheets across all classes. It's something that kind of bugs me about DCI... It feels like they're "inflating" the scores of the smaller division.

When a Class A Declared corps makes top 10, they retain the right to declare Class A by June 1 of the following season... and compete again as Class A...

But the day that said corps DOES make Open Class is the same day that corps is robbed of their CLASS A CHAMPIONSHIP. :blink: Sorry, guys, we're not the best small corps at finals, we're the worst big corps. But, hey, we can go back to being amongst our small corps peers next year.

You say po-tay-to, I say po-tah-to. Same scenario, different perspective and opinion...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as usual, Shadow turns every positive into a negative sounding post... Thanks to Gary M for the good and correct answers.

Which is moot. I could say Wonderful Wonderful and you'll still assume it's a negative since I said it.

All rules for Class A pertain strictly to DCA Championship weekend. Effectively, prior to this, there has been NO Class A at any other show other than Championship Weekend.

Perhaps you need to get out more. The DCAS shows used to have Class A and Class A35 scores and placements as well as Open Class placements. Maybe not on the official side of things. But it was used before the 35 rule was in place. And announced to the audience as such at retreat.

Not trying to say anything is good or bad, just that it is. Or at least was at one time.

:blink: Did I imply that? Oops... I should clarify that: I LIKE having the same judging sheets across all classes. It's something that kind of bugs me about DCI... It feels like they're "inflating" the scores of the smaller division.

But the day that said corps DOES make Open Class is the same day that corps is robbed of their CLASS A CHAMPIONSHIP. :blink: Sorry, guys, we're not the best small corps at finals, we're the worst big corps. But, hey, we can go back to being amongst our small corps peers next year.

You say po-tay-to, I say po-tah-to. Same scenario, different perspective and opinion...

I would take the share points from 10th place in lieu of CLASS A Championship anyday

I would take the share points from 10th place in lieu of CLASS A Championship anyday

amen

Why not give the corps both? Membership is based on prelims placement anyway.

DCA-South shows, (at the discretion of the sponsor). still announce Class A and Open Class awards at retreat, as they have done since 2005. However, The only time we announced a Class A35 winner was when we had a Regional Championship.

When the scores are sent to DCA for posting, it is sent on one recap, with all the corps grouped together.

Kudos to Brigs and DCA for allowing a NORTHEAST CLASS A REGIONAL .. ya all finally learned something from down :ph34r: here!! :tongue:

And Dick.. make sure you invite your friend to the Nashville show!!

DCA-South shows, (at the discretion of the sponsor). still announce Class A and Open Class awards at retreat, as they have done since 2005. However, The only time we announced a Class A35 winner was when we had a Regional Championship.

When the scores are sent to DCA for posting, it is sent on one recap, with all the corps grouped together.

Kudos to Brigs and DCA for allowing a NORTHEAST CLASS A REGIONAL .. ya all finally learned something from down :ph34r: here!! :tongue:

And Dick.. make sure you invite your friend to the Nashville show!!

So, do I take it that the Waterloo show will be a Northeast Regional Championship show.

Can somebody tell me what the actual rule is. If an A-Class corps scores higher than the 10th place Open Class corps in Prelims, do they Automatically loose their 1st place A-class standing or do they get both? Or do they get the choice?

Edited by scario

Tom;

You must have the patience of Job. Talk about making something out of Nothing.

Having different scoring and awards at Contests has been done for Years and Years.

First Senior and Junior.

Then Senior, Junior Open, and All Girl were added.

Then Senior, Junior open, All Girl, and Class A and or B.

All over the USA and Canada.

As too how things are done at the DCA World Championships. The Directors of the groups competeing and the DCA Administrators will take care of that.

If things need to change, go to the NEXT Rules Meeting where those things are done!

Why not give the corps both? Membership is based on prelims placement anyway.

well it seems you have to get the votes to do that. easier to do if you're on the inside of the voting room