Minneapolis Star Tribune Article on Electronics

At the risk of reraising the wrath of DCP members, here is a link to the article I wrote in today's edition of the Minneapolis Star Tribune about electronics in drum corps:

www.startribune.com/lifestyle/19985444.html

In case it's not clear from the online presentation, the article is actually my weekly Technobabble column, which covers tech issues in our world. A sidebar lists the three upcoming shows here in Minnesota (Stillwater, Mankato, Coon Rapids), as well as DCI Madison. The photos, which were provided by DCI, that ran in the paper are not online. The one on the cover of our feature section showed microphones around the timpanis of the Blue Stars (the closest World Class corps to the Twin Cities). The one on the jump page was a spectacular image of the Phantom horn line.

If anyone wants PDFs of the published pages (two files totaling about 2MB), please email me at rasalas@startribune.com, and I'd be happy to reply with them.

Thanks again to the moderators and Minnesota-based DCP members who took the time to email me and share their opinions.

Randy

Edited to add: For some reason, the online presentation doesn't have my byline, but it's by me, Randy A. Salas.

Edited by Randy Salas

Randy,

I can see your name and phone number on the article. Maybe they updated the article.

What a great article. Thank you for covering the drum and bugle activity. I think you did a spectacular job of representing many different sides to the issues with electronics and found a great diversity in the input from local people. A documentary approach to the issue with a balanced amount of narrative from both sides.

Again, thank you.

create peace,

Brent

Very nice article!

Thanks for giving drum corps some press at the right time; beginning of season, and mentioning shows. :tongue:

:tongue:

Nice job Randy!

Let's hope it'll jumpstart some readership amongst the masses here in the Cities.

I get the Strib on NewsStand, so I can actually see the pictures and the article (when I enlarge it for my deteriorating vision :dancin: )

Hope to see you at Drum Beauty. I'll be at the MBI souvie stand.

Pat

One of the better articles on the drum corps activity by 'traditional media' that I've seen.

Thank you for the objective look at the activity and the exposure you've provided to your audience.

-john