The Official 2008 Phantom Regiment Discussion Thread

They are in Medford today but the PR schedule doesn't list their housing info. Here is their schedule for today and tomorrow though.

Monday 7/7

Rehearsal Day 5:30amFloor Time

9amBreakfast

10amStretch

10:30amSections

1:30pmLunch

2:30pmVisual

5:30pmDinner

6:30pmEnsemble

10pmSnack, Pack & Load

11:30pmTravel to Woodburn, OR

Jul 8, 2008

Where

HOUSING: Woodburn, OR

Description----------Housing Info---------- Woodburn HS 1785 N. Front St Woodburn, OR 97071

SHOW: Portland, OR (11 of 29)

5:30amFloor Time

8:30amBreakfast

9:30amStretch

10amSections

12pmLunch

1pmVisual

3pmEnsemble

4:30pmDinner, Pack & Load

6:30pmTravel to Hillsboro, OR

7:45pmWarm-up

9:35pmGate Prep

9:48pmPerform

10:05pmSnack, Pack and Load

11:45pmTravel to Meridian, ID

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are in Medford today but the PR schedule doesn't list their housing info. Here is their schedule for today and tomorrow though.

Monday 7/7

Rehearsal Day 5:30amFloor Time

9amBreakfast

10amStretch

10:30amSections

1:30pmLunch

2:30pmVisual

5:30pmDinner

6:30pmEnsemble

10pmSnack, Pack & Load

11:30pmTravel to Woodburn, OR

Jul 8, 2008

Where

HOUSING: Woodburn, OR

Description----------Housing Info---------- Woodburn HS 1785 N. Front St Woodburn, OR 97071

SHOW: Portland, OR (11 of 29)

5:30amFloor Time

8:30amBreakfast

9:30amStretch

10amSections

12pmLunch

1pmVisual

3pmEnsemble

4:30pmDinner, Pack & Load

6:30pmTravel to Hillsboro, OR

7:45pmWarm-up

9:35pmGate Prep

9:48pmPerform

10:05pmSnack, Pack and Load

11:45pmTravel to Meridian, ID

I am looking for photos. There are some nice ones posted here. DCI has not posted much from the California shows.

Any ideas of where to look for more?

I am looking for photos. There are some nice ones posted here. DCI has not posted much from the California shows.

Any ideas of where to look for more?

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...c=114342&hl= Edited by Jeffe77

OK...got to see the corps twice over the weekend. I was box high on the 45 in Glendale and 2 rows from the top on the 20 for Vista.

1. The Glendale judges were bad all night. No way SCV has near the product at this point of the season. Perhaps in two weeks but definitely not now.

The only thing that scares me about Regiment's show this year....and it's the only thing really....how freakin clean they are. They are NEVER clean this early. So this is uncharted territory for all of us. Give great props to the drum guys....this section smokes!!! And great pit stuff going on as well.

I do have some guard gripes....I don't think they fully engage their parts yet. They should have ownership over the roles they are playing and its not fully transmitting to the crowd. To understand the triumph at the end of this show, we MUST, as an audience engage in the angst, torment and horror of the first act.

Both murder scenes need to transmit better on this point. Also, the DM doesn't have to telegraph the knife as much...it looks comical the way he displays it so much in advance. I would like it more as a moment of surprise.

I think I counted 11 tubas in both shows. I didn't get the sense of a low brass being outshined in the show on either night.

I will say, the weather in Phoenix did have its affect on the corps for the final 2-3 minutes of the show. They seemed gassed as compared to the Vista show.

All this talk about black and white and gray uniforms...I don't buy it. Under the lights everything looks fine. The DMs are very Vader-esque and ominous....the corps looks tall and big and great and the translation of the feet is phenomenal to watch.

I see them putting some slight palette alterations onto the guard's overall look but nothing too drastic. Perhaps a late season costume change for the finale? Not that I know anything, but one can speculate can't he?

So...after seeing the Regiment in Vista aside the Devil's show....ummm...there is a lot of work to get to where BD is right now. I haven't witnessed Cavies in person (won't get to this year) but they would have to be something seriously special to prevent a repeat this year. BD is that good.

So, great night...very entertaining. I got to do an aftershow libretto for folks in the stands around me. Both nights, there was not enough familiarity with the story of Spartacus. So I have some thoughts on how to help.

Regiment should sell librettos. Sent to your cell as a text message...in printed form at th souvie both...online for a download fee....whatever it takes. Once I explained the brief Spartacus story...the show gave folks the "lightbulb" moment and they wanted to see it again. Unfortunately, most of the audience before finals week will not have the opportunity.

Those are my weekend thoughts.

Edited by Tom Brace

I think the guard has their work cut out for them in the next few weeks. If they are going to be a contender, this has to happen. The rest of the captions are in nice shape, the visual scores will go up once the guard takes their show to a winning level.

The only thing that scares me about Regiment's show this year....and it's the only thing really....how freakin clean they are. They are NEVER clean this early. So this is uncharted territory for all of us. Give great props to the drum guys....this section smokes!!! And great pit stuff going on as well.

It's good to see that they decided to do the big changes early on this year...it really seems to be paying off.

I do have some guard gripes....I don't think they fully engage their parts yet. They should have ownership over the roles they are playing and its not fully transmitting to the crowd. To understand the triumph at the end of this show, we MUST, as an audience engage in the angst, torment and horror of the first act.

The guard really is the icing on the cake...they're always behind because of changes such as drill/music rewrites (subsequently having to reformat their work), so they don't learn their work as soon. however, this section better light a fire under their butts and sell the show!

I think I counted 11 tubas in both shows. I didn't get the sense of a low brass being outshined in the show on either night.

they're back to their original number of 12 now. i dunno if they had to have an alternate learn a part or if someone was injured/sick. You can see all twelve in the pics from one of the Stanford reviews.

I will say, the weather in Phoenix did have its affect on the corps for the final 2-3 minutes of the show. They seemed gassed as compared to the Vista show.

I know that Courtney blogged about how she felt sick being out west due to the heat. i'm sure some people got sun poisoning or were definitely drained even with lots of extra water breaks.

All this talk about black and white and gray uniforms...I don't buy it. Under the lights everything looks fine. The DMs are very Vader-esque and ominous....the corps looks tall and big and great and the translation of the feet is phenomenal to watch.

I'm hoping we're about to see some red on the field...when will those new gauntlets and baldrics be ready???

I see them putting some slight palette alterations onto the guard's overall look but nothing too drastic. Perhaps a late season costume change for the finale? Not that I know anything, but one can speculate can't he?

Adam Sage + costume change = NEVER!!! :laughing: and where are the rest of the show flags??? i still think they're missing some.

Edited by chaos001

NEW UPDATES on Courtney's Chronicles!!!

www.regiment.org/memoirs

poor Parker...she keeps ragging on his solo "Weve just had some individual let-downs that cause moments to be less than they could have been."

she can't rag on Parker for the Vista, CA performance. It was a stellar performance. The Glendale performance even had JDs head in his hands....he was in the stands close to my location.